Muzzle Break for 338LM

So I'm either a giant wuss or the recoil on my Savage 110 HS Precision in 338LM is just stupid. It's honestly annoying to shoot. I'm having a difficult time tracking shots which, with lighter calibers like the 6.5 I mainly shoot, isn't an issue. I'm thinking their might me a muzzle break out there that could help?

Any recommendations?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Anybody have to be next to you when you shoot?

My buddy lets me shoot his .50 BMG and that artillery muzzle brake is very effective. It's also fun to double-up on the plugs and muffs and face the brake when someone else is shooting it.

Anybody have to be next to you when you shoot?

My buddy lets me shoot his .50 BMG and that artillery muzzle brake is very effective. It's also fun to double-up on the plugs and muffs and face the brake when someone else is shooting it.
The only place to really shoot is out in the desert and out there the spacing is sufficient to handle the muzzle blast. I guess whoever built range 9 at DSRPC is concerned that target frames will be destroyed with any magnum. Yeah I went there.

LongRange

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
only one better then the 419(that ive shot and ive shot a LOT of them)would be the jp enterprise recoil eliminator...the JP tank brake is the best hands down for recoil reduction and ability to stay on target...ppl say they are ugly and they are LOUD but the gas and most of the sound are blown out the sides.

ive shot the JP tank on a 300wm 260 and 6 creed and hands down the best and a close second is the 419 which ive shot on a 6 creed 6.5x47 and now a 6BRX...if you go with the JP id call them and ask them and tell them what your going to put it on...they or your smith will have to open up the exit hole for the 338.

heres a good read on brakes...scroll to the bottom for the actual test results

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/06/24/muzzle-brakes-field-test/

Last edited: