Moved to Pahrump from Boulder City

Moved to Pahrump last week. Need a little information please----

Where the heck do people head out to for some target shooting? nothing long range, pistol and a few .22's to shoot right now. may take my savage .223 not shure just yet.

How about firearm stores? anything worth while?

Thanks

I think if you go on W. Flamingo Rd. on the far west end of Pahrump, there is an area there which is popular for shooting. Not sure about gun stores although I would think in a rural area like this, most would be good to deal with.
I eventually will also be moving to that area. I have always liked it there. Used to spend some of my summers there as a child back in the early 60's.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Moved to Pahrump last week. Need a little information please----

Where the heck do people head out to for some target shooting? nothing long range, pistol and a few .22's to shoot right now. may take my savage .223 not shure just yet.

How about firearm stores? anything worth while?

Thanks
Take Bell Vista about 3 miles past The Hubb bar. The range is on the right, just after the flat top mountain/volcanic cone.

Great for long range as well as some short range berms.

See 'Rambo Range' here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1SioL8Pt6YrZIS4C5-fwHSxb9EpU&ie=UTF8&t=h&hl=en&msa=0&z=8&ll=35.507634230095505,-115.26550750000001

-

Only have 2 gun stores - Master At Arms (overpriced IMO), and Emmalee's (small mom and pop shop).

Last edited:

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
Didn't ask about ammo.

When in the area, ASW - Ammo Supply Warehouse is my go to. Mainly buy plinking stuff. Decent variety of ammo.

Not a store in the typical sense.

They are a sponsor here.

Click on their banner, or whatever it is.

Good guys. Easy to do business with.

IMHO.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
+1 on what Top said. Or just pick a direction and drive. You can shoot anywhere on blm. There is however no shooting in the Spring Mountain Range.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
+1 on what Top said. Or just pick a direction and drive. You can shoot anywhere on blm. There is however no shooting in the Spring Mountain Range.
You forgot 'no shooting within town limits'. Rambo Range is the only 'unofficial'exception.

Last edited:

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
That Pahrumpalope stew is world famous, but we keep the secret ingredients to our selves, mainly airborne rats, skunk scent glands and Corona beer.
All boiled in the used motor oil from a high mileage Yugo, and served over a bed of hot shredded seat covers, preferably from an abandoned 53 Studebaker.

When I was a kid, no one actually lived there, but lots of people had their mailing address there to fool their car insurance company.

when I notified the insurance company Friday about the move they said ---- UMMMM that is a hire accedint area over Boulder City. How would you like to pay the extra HUNDRED -- well really $94.75 for six damn months

When I was a kid, no one actually lived there, but lots of people had their mailing address there to fool their car insurance company.
When I was a kid, early 60's, people lived there. I used to spend some of my summers on family friends small ranch there. I plan on moving there in the next few years, already have the home there.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
when I notified the insurance company Friday about the move they said ---- UMMMM that is a hire accedint area over Boulder City. How would you like to pay the extra HUNDRED -- well really $94.75 for six damn months
I wonder why? :(