• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lower Engraving

SAP_Pete

Mmmh, Sushi !
Forum Supporter
I'd like to get a lower engraved for a SBR build. It's currently assembled for a pistol, do I have to disassemble it all the way to stripped ?

4x4Brit

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Give NFA a call to ask? I wouldn't think you would need to unless maybe if you were sending it out?

SAP_Pete

Mmmh, Sushi !
Forum Supporter
Give NFA a call to ask? I wouldn't think you would need to unless maybe if you were sending it out?
On the phone all day with work conference calls, I was hoping they'd see it here. I'd be dropping off / picking up, not sending it in.
I'll call them later if they don't see my post.

tbugher62

They wont touch your lower until you have your SBR paperwork (Tax stamp) back from BATF and you show it too them at NFA.I don't think you have too disassemble it all the way.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
No problem, just bring the lower by, no need to strip it down. We can engrave at any time in the process.

4x4Brit

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
I just gave them a call as I was curious myself. No need to disassemble the lower although they did ask that the stock be removed which seems reasonable seeing you probably wouldn't have one on anyway.

Edit: didn't see Guido's post.

tbugher62

That's funny,Guido you worker's refused too even do mine until I showed my tax stamp,now you say you can do it anytime during the process,which is it.
No problem, just bring the lower by, no need to strip it down. We can engrave at any time in the process.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
That's funny,Guido you worker's refused too even do mine until I showed my tax stamp,now you say you can do it anytime during the process,which is it.
Let me know who told you that and I'll make sure they're corrected. Was it something we were converting for you or forming for you?

We can engrave anything at anytime, but we can't take it in as an SBR or SBS, etc if the paperwork isn't done, but if you bring us a receiver we can engrave it at anytime.

Let me know who told you otherwise and I'll make sure they understand. :patriot:

tbugher62

It was a lower ar receiver,that had no upper,I had turned in paperwork for a sbr stamp on it but did not have the stamp back yet when I took the receiver too your place and they told me no engraving until they I brought my tax stamp in.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Yeah, that would be weird. There's no law against engraving anything on a firearm, even if it never was registered as anything.

tbugher62

Yeah well they said it not me ,I don't work there.And no I am not giving the person's name up we have been friend's for awhile and it's not worth it over such a small mistake on the worker's behalf.

I just called NFA for engraving for a CZ Scorpion that has not been SBR approved yet. The lady said it must be approved before they could engrave it. I mentioned this post and what Guido stated and she said she did not know about that and to bring it in if that is the case.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
I just called NFA for engraving for a CZ Scorpion that has not been SBR approved yet. The lady said it must be approved before they could engrave it. I mention this post and what Guido stated and she said she did not know about that and to bring it in if that is the case.
I have instructed everyone as of today, finally found out where the confusion lies. We can engrave anything you'd like at anytime. Sorry about the confusion guys.

tbugher62

There you go,that's EXACTLY WHAT THEY TOLD ME ALSO 8 MONTH'S AGO.
I just called NFA for engraving for a CZ Scorpion that has not been SBR approved yet. The lady said it must be approved before they could engrave it. I mentioned this post and what Guido stated and she said she did not know about that and to bring it in if that is the case.