• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Key fob programming and same, key cut.....me needy

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Anybody a smith here...know a good one?
Figured I would ask before giving my money to some outsider shyster instead of one of those shysters amongst us.

Last edited:

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Friends in Vegas with a number of store locations swear by Green Valley Lock and Safe.
Stay away from Pop A Lock they are known scam artists nationwide, have personal experience with them via those same friends.

One of them locked herself out of her home, Green Valley couldn't get there for 6 hours they said, it was July and hot, she couldn't wait, and didn't want to wait for me to come over the hill to pick the lock.

She called Pop A Loc, they charged her $538 to drill out a standard Kwikset door knob lock, said it couldn't be picked!

Then they put in an off breed knob lock to replace it, one you can get at Wal Mart for $12. This was mid week, during the day.
They ran her credit card on an old slide imprint machine, didn't give her the carbons, just the bottom copy.

An hour later when I got there, I had her check her credit card statement online, showed the $538 charge, and , just 5 minutes later, another $400+ charge in Reno, the card was a brand new one, first time she had used it, so very little chance it had been compromised prior to Pop A Loc's visit.
Case against Pop A Loc with Henderson PD was only one of a few dozen according to the Detective who took her statement.

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
2nd for Green Valley Lock and Safe being an excellent locksmith.

Have no idea if they do car key fob programming - seems like that is more in the realm of dealership or specialized business?

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
What type of car? For my sons 06 impala, we were able to get the key cut at a local lock smith,( blank from Amazon) and since we still had a working programmed key, we were able to program it ourself. Not sure what years can do that.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
What type of car? For my sons 06 impala, we were able to get the key cut at a local lock smith,( blank from Amazon) and since we still had a working programmed key, we were able to program it ourself. Not sure what years can do that.
A 2019 Power Wagon, I think it takes some kind of scanner/computer to do it.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber