• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Joe's Thursday Night Nets Are No More

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Joe decided not to hold his nets anymore I learned tonight, and he has taken down his web site too as I understand it.
Russ, Member # 15 is running the net, but now it is just a check in net.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I didn't even know there was a check in net so i didn't get on tonight.

GatorJim

Squib Saver
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Joe decided not to hold his nets anymore I learned tonight, and he has taken down his web site too as I understand it.
Russ, Member # 15 is running the net, but now it is just a check in net.
That was a good net. I'm not sure what went down but i think it will be missed. There's a few pro 2A people who are still around 700. Hat's off to Russ for keeping the net going.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
That's a firm no, there is too much liability involved.

Here, if I tell someone how to fix or do something, and they don't follow my directions and end up damaging something or injuring themselves, I have a hard copy proof of what I told them to do, over the air, no such proof. And you may have noticed I have not been answering as many questions lately, letting others chime in first, and they usually provide the correct answer, if not, then I offer my opinion, I don't want to hog the forum, as more than one person has commented that I do!:sneaky::ROFLMAO:

A buddy who is a judge was just recently telling me about the huge uptick in frivolous lawsuits filed by folks who got advice from someone who was retired, no longer had a business license, liability insurance, etc., and I have too much to lose to risk getting involved with such a lawsuit.

And a lot of those frivolous lawsuits are being won by the idjits who didn't follow directions.

And, by only doing it here (answering questions I mean), folks join the forum to get my experience and that of others, over the air doesn't benefit the forum as much. And we gotta keep da boss in mai tais and on that beach in Fiji and out of our hair! o_O

Sure, a net might induce a few folks to join the forum, but not that many.

I run 9 different ham nets a week now, but they are all just check in nets and message handling, HF, VHF, UHF, and soon one on our local GMRS repeater, and I check into another 3, not really interested in adding another one to run.

There are plenty of folks here on the forum who have GMRS licenses, can hit the repeaters in the Las Vegas Valley, and who know a lot about firearms, get some of them involved.

There are several working gunsmiths on the forum I believe, and they would have liability insurance, maybe one of them will step up...