• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

IDPA at DSRPC

Bart Carter

Negotiator
Forum Supporter
I like the Las Vegas IDPA Club matches at Desert Sportsman. You can sign up for more than one class, they are PCC friendly and not too far to drive.

They are putting in a concentrated effort to make their matches better and it shows. Kudos, I'll be back for the next month's match.

Bart Carter

Negotiator
Forum Supporter
Another match this Sunday, June 10th. How about another link for folks to sign up?

This one starts an hour earlier so we can get out before it gets too hot. :p

Good To Go

uber Member
Forum Supporter
Having a night shoot would not only be cooler temps but great training for people wanting to have the experience shooting at night. Best to learn, before they are put into a situation at night.

Steve

PM720

uber n00b
Having a night shoot would not only be cooler temps but great training for people wanting to have the experience shooting at night. Best to learn, before they are put into a situation at night.

Steve
Nice suggestion but I think there are restrictions at the range that might prevent this. I will mention it to the MD though.

Bart Carter

Negotiator
Forum Supporter
Results from yesterdays match. It was a hot one! Congrats to Bart Carter for the overall win with his PCC and Chad Cunningham for 2nd overall and first place pistol. Great job guys!

https://practiscore.com/results/new/60904
Although I do like to do well with PCC, I would like to say that overall does not mean what some people like to think it does. All divisions compete against themselves. There is no official overall win. There were two PCC shooters at this match. They were really competing against each other. Just as Chad was competing in his specific pistol division. I shot 17th overall with my pistol, which was about in the upper 1/3 overall. My goal is to move into the 25% overall level with pistol, then keep trying to get into a next level.

I do like the overall results just as a measure of how much better you get with whatever you are shooting. A person shooting BUG is at quite a disadvantage to a person with an OPEN gun, but with few people shooting BUG, overall gives great feedback as to your getting better.

The best thing about the matches is just the fun of competing. Everyone is out there trying to do their best. Newcomers are given initial instructions and everyone on their squad gives them pointers to getting better. From basic gun handling to strategy on a stage.

For those who haven't tried it yet, there is no reason not to. You are not too old (I'm 72) or too young or not a "good enough" shooter to come out and have fun while getting better at shooting.

72? DAMN! You are kicking butt! I thought you were closer to my age.

As for the overall, I agree and disagree. While I am probably my own worst critic and do watch my division I look at the overall to gauge how I am improving compared to the really good shooters like Rolan, Angelo, Chad and others. When I can hang with those guys I know I'm doing OK. And 1st overall is pretty cool bragging rights, espcially when I beat the rifle too! LOL! On the flip side it is cool to see how well guys like Joel do with their BUG guns in the overall as well. It's all fun. Even a bad day at the range right? ;)