• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to completely delete previous posts ( not edit )

Jethro

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Is there a simple way to completely delete previous posts?
I’m a Flintstone with technology and when i tried deleting my WTB G38 “bumped” posts another was added?

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Is there a simple way to completely delete previous posts?
I’m a Flintstone with technology and when i tried deleting my WTB G38 “bumped” posts another was added?
Next time edit the title to say 'Please close'.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Don’t recall where, but I recall reading that threads were not deleteable unless they were against the rules. And only a mod could do that.

they were just locked. I dont have a quote on that.

ive seen other forums where folks delete the text of the thread/post, and change the title, but if anyone quoted your post, you can’t edit that.

@titanNV : sounds like a chance for additional revenue.

for a $10 donation, a thread owner can request up to 5 threads deleted. But must be the owner. OR.

5 of their individual posts. OR

one post of their own, including repost/quoted Stuff.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
There’s no process for a user to delete a thread or post. The staff has always defaulted to closing over deleting (or at least soft deleting, leaving a record of the deletion), to avoid the appearance of censorship.

WantaG18

A noid
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
You used to be able to delete your own posts. That was lost with one of the software changes/upgrades.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
When I look at the bottom of my posts, I still have options to Report, Edit, or Delete.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Well, I stand corrected haha. I haven’t seen the basic user interface in quite a few years now, so I didn’t know it was a feature.

I am just seeing the options to report and edit, so the ability to delete one's own post appears to be an option for members with a Forum Supporter badge.

Edit: Actually, perhaps it's an option for those with a commercial sponsor badge?

Last edited:

Harley

Golf-Foxtrot-Yankee
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
When I look at the bottom of my posts, I still have options to Report, Edit, or Delete.
Where exactly do you see this “delete” option you speak of? I don’t see that on mobile anyway. Have yet to confirm if its on PC.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Bottom of your post, under the signature.