Homemade Binary AK-47 trigger

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Comparable to the Fostec Echo Trigger for the AR-15. But this is for the dreaded combloc rifle.

What's the legality of this, both before and after the Trump ruling?

Ka Lbo

Forum Supporter
Hey I thought YT was gonna scrub these type of vids, right?

YT censors probably have no clue what they are looking at...just arbitrarily apply "strikes" or delete gun related videos....all towards a quota to show they are protecting snowflakes from 2A folks and gun enthusiasts.

Brad

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
Hopefully the maker of that device has tested thoroughly to make sure that there isn't a "sweet spot" where neither the disconnector or sear will catch the hammer in the "binary" setting... if not, he's created a machine gun. That's what makes triggers such as the BFS legal under current law. If he's managed that and without using anyone's patented technology, he's a creative genius and deserves to sell his design and make big bucks. Looks like he last commented on the video something like 9 months ago, though.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Hopefully the maker of that device has tested thoroughly to make sure that there isn't a "sweet spot" where neither the disconnector or sear will catch the hammer in the "binary" setting... if not, he's created a machine gun. That's what makes triggers such as the BFS legal under current law. If he's managed that and without using anyone's patented technology, he's a creative genius and deserves to sell his design and make big bucks. Looks like he last commented on the video something like 9 months ago, though.
Did he retreat into his bunker?

:coolgleamA:

They are taking deposits on the AK47 ECHO triggers - https://fostech.us/echo-ak-deposits.html

"The current ECHO AK trigger will be for the stamped versions that are most common."
  • Safe Mode: Firearm will not fire.
  • Semi-Automatic Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled.
  • Echo Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled and also when trigger is released.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
They are taking deposits on the AK47 ECHO triggers - https://fostech.us/echo-ak-deposits.html

"The current ECHO AK trigger will be for the stamped versions that are most common."
  • Safe Mode: Firearm will not fire.
  • Semi-Automatic Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled.
  • Echo Mode: Firearm fires when trigger is pulled and also when trigger is released.
Price tag: $547.00

Need more data, but yeah, I'm thinking about it...

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
Currently these are federally legal. Look for this topic to pop up during the November elections.
I'm sure it will. And to be clear, I have no problem with what the shooter did, but that said, it's easy to see how the gun-grabbers will argue this home-made trigger is an illegal modification that allows the rifle to shoot full-auto. And I will bet the farm that RINOs will go along with any new law that bans such a mod.