Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Not sure who it is THIS time, was a guy who was unhappy with the net host / net control station operator before this, but don't think he would be foolish enough to resume doing so after he was hunted down (Fox Hunt we hams call it) and video and audio of his doing it was taken and I believe turned over to the FCC.

STS Hunter

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Not sure who it is THIS time, was a guy who was unhappy with the net host / net control station operator before this, but don't think he would be foolish enough to resume doing so after he was hunted down (Fox Hunt we hams call it) and video and audio of his doing it was taken and I believe turned over to the FCC.
A couple months ago playing with some hunting radios with my grandkids I picked up some LDS monthly check in thing. I assume these radios cross with CB, but I am not sure if the channel numbers are the same. I also pick up store radios at what I assume is Star Nursery. I'm a tech, but never bothered to pay attention to any hobby radio stuff.

STS Hunter

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Nothing to do with CB. Completely different spectrum. However GMRS does share some frequencies with FRS.
Nothing to do with CB. Completely different spectrum. However GMRS does share some frequencies with FRS.
Thanks, believe it or not, I got a GROL about 25 years ago to get college credit, but never did anything other than basic radio com.