• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Found out my 1911 is pretty rare.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
So, several years ago I was searching for a gun to carry at my wedding. Went through a number of phases but wound up with this color case hardened Desert Eagle 1911c that was a Cabela’s exclusive. I added the bone grips.

I have only ever seen one other one for sale. I emailed Magnum Research to ask about production numbers. Turns out that they only produced and shipped 75 of these Case hardened compact models to Cabela’s. I asked about the full size model and they also only produced 75.

So this gun is 1/75 of this model, and 1/150 of a limited series. Pretty neat!

The other fun thing I found out is that the CCH was done by Turnbull. This is cool because at the time a CCH Turnbull was my dream gun, but no way in the world I could have afforded the $3500 price tag. When I saw this one on the shelf I instantly thought "woah, thats almost my exact grail gun!" I bought it and swapped out the grips. Turns out its even closer to by grail gun than I thought it was.

So, two cool little tidbits I just found out about a gun I have owned for 5 years. It was my wedding gun, don't ever plan to sell it, and It's not some high end collectible piece or anything, but thought it was neat that only 75 were ever made.

70B0F49E-BBE3-4629-B41C-9A7484F0F736.jpeg 8D09B06A-08B4-494B-B484-389766774349.jpeg DF42FF42-097C-4B12-9719-E6917DDAE75D.jpeg

Last edited:

Bonez

You’re right to never sell something with that much sentimental value and rare... better to just give it to me instead :p
You always have great taste in guns, this is no exception. Nice score!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
Yeah man, that’s a gorgeous 1911. Actually a mean pair of three ! No peeking tophog......LOL I know you like your 1911’s.
Thanks. Not to be boastful, but I think I've pretty much nailed the gentleman's carry with these two particular guns. Thats not my gentlemans knife, but I've got other more fitting ones for that role.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
No wedding pic? That is a sweet looking piece, I could almost see it looking cool in a shoulder rig under a suit jacket. You know, for fashion.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
No wedding pic? That is a sweet looking piece, I could almost see it looking cool in a shoulder rig under a suit jacket. You know, for fashion.
I had a bad ass shoulder rig made for it. Just turned out to be too bulky for my suit to be fitted well. I did have it all fitted knowing I would have a pistol on my hip. I think I have like one picture where you could see my carrying it, photographer was weird about it

Here’s a goofy ass pic.

0AE209A2-A2F6-4036-BC15-A2C424084830.jpeg