• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Form 4 Transfer time

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
So last year in April I bought my first ever suppressor from NFA. Did the silencer shop trust deal. So I’m now at 11 months. I called today and was told you are pending. What does that mean? Anyone have any idea how much longer I should expect to wait?
i really want to get that baby out of NFAs safe and into mine.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Could be tomorrow. Could be August.

During government shutdowns, I don't think they are considered essential, and the backlog just skyrocketed, so it could be this process is on hold during this thing, too. Anyone heard?

I've another 308 can in jail since maybe the same time. I purposely don't keep track of how long it takes. Eventually, I just get a call.

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have a couple at NFA also. My average wait time from cashed check to in hand is just under 300 days.

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
I submitted a form 4 around the beginning of May last year. It was approved in late march but I still have not got the stamp yet so I cannot pick it up.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I've got one out from November 2019 time frame. It is my last trailing item...and it might be the first to finish without me adding anything new to suppressor jail in a long time :)

My last few wait times were 11 months and just shy of a year, respectively.

jchen76

Just a Civy.
Just went to Nevada Firearms and Training. They mentioned that a new ATF office opened in Oregon handling NFA transfers. They've seen the Form 4's routed to new Oregon office paperwork come back in 3 months. Older Form 4's going to Virginia still a longer wait.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I think that was specifically for individual filing submissions if I remember correctly. Trusts are still taking forever.

Bonez

06.06.19 - purchased Dead Air Mask HD suppressor from SilencerShop + Tax Stamp + set up a multiple firearm trust / Form 4
06.08.19 - completed all of the paperwork, pics, fingerprints, notary, etc. between my notary and Silencer Shop Kiosk at NFA
07.02.19 - Tax Stamp application received by ATF and payment check cashed
04.29.2020 - Received a call from NFA to come pick up my completed tax stamp & my suppressor.

This is my first time doing anything like this and I had planned on it being 12-13 months minimum so I was pleasantly surprised. I've never attached or used a suppressor before so I am looking forward to an opportunity to try it out

bfperez

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have two suppressors from last year still waiting. ATF cashed checks 5/23/19 and 8/27/19. I called on the first one in early March and it was still pending.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Something seems constitutionally wrong about them cashing your check without allowing possession at that time you've paid the taxes on it.