• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Form 1 Efile wait times

702gunny

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Hey all,

I just received my 3rd Form-1 E File SBR tax stamp today. On a Sunday no less.
Filed March 3rd
Tax stamp emailed morning of Sunday March 28.
25 Day wait time.

That is the 3rd Form 1 Efile SBR in 6 months that was approved in less than 30 days. I am not hopeful this will continue if/when Biden appoints his own ATF Director. The Current director Regina Lombardo is an AG William Barr nominated Trump administration holdover appointee.

I know alot of people don’t believe in registering SBR’s and I understand and frankly this is not intended for that debate. But for those that do want to get and build a tax stamped SBR (or more than 1) it may be a good time to get your efile paperwork in before likely new leadership comes in.

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I did my Vietnam era 607, XM177E2 and such clones last year just in case for the same thought process you have. Since the ATF/current administration has been drooling to deem AR pistols an SBR (Boulder could be the tipping point) or go the route that all AR/AK platform firearms fall under ATF auspices then it is going to turn into a cluster in a hurry. Of course, they will cash your $200.00 check or ding your credit card in an extremely efficient and timely manner.

42tula

uber Member
Good on you OP. I’m at 81 and 69 days for my latest form 1 efiles. I even reached out to a congressman to speed it up. No dice.

702gunny

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Good on you OP. I’m at 81 and 69 days for my latest form 1 efiles. I even reached out to a congressman to speed it up. No dice.
Damn...that sucks. I hate the inconsistency of the NFA approval process. I have 3 cans that are waiting close to 6 months now. Form 4. Makes no sense. Hope you get yours soon.

42tula

uber Member
Damn...that sucks. I hate the inconsistency of the NFA approval process. I have 3 cans that are waiting close to 6 months now. Form 4. Makes no sense. Hope you get yours soon.
Thank you, and I hope you get yours soon as well my friend. Again, congrats on the latest stamp.

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Are you doing your eform as an individual or as a trust? I did all mine as an individual and the times varied between 18 and 25 days. I heard trusts take longer - how much longer I do not know.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
My last Form 1 SBR was submitted from my trust and it took 27 days.

ATF tracker shows F1 Trusts (E-File) averaging a bit under 50 days for the last three months, ~30 days for the last 12 months, so the wait time does appear to be headed upwards.

42tula

uber Member
I’m happy for all of you. I’m still pending a background check for two efile form 1s. Currently sitting at days 125 and 117. Both on a trust, and no I’m not a restricted person and I have NFA items.

42tula

uber Member
That is seriously ridiculous. Any status, delays?
The ATF is blaming it on the FBI, saying they won't run their background check. I called the FBI and they said to have the ATF resubmit the request, that basically its the ATF's fault. I emailed the ATF, and they won't respond. Talk about a bureaucratic nightmare. Both agencies nobody wants to piss off, and nobody in those agencies willing to help out the little taxpayer paying their salaries. Ive reached out to my Congressman to get them to help, but since they're a Democrat who knows how this is gonna go.....

702gunny

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
The ATF is blaming it on the FBI, saying they won't run their background check. I called the FBI and they said to have the ATF resubmit the request, that basically its the ATF's fault. I emailed the ATF, and they won't respond. Talk about a bureaucratic nightmare. Both agencies nobody wants to piss off, and nobody in those agencies willing to help out the little taxpayer paying their salaries. Ive reached out to my Congressman to get them to help, but since they're a Democrat who knows how this is gonna go.....
I don’t know if this is an option for you but you can withdraw your application and re apply. If the ATF FUBAR’d it and they don’t know how to fix it re applying may be an option.

OldGuy70

grumpy
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Quoted from HKPRO Forum:
"Submitted by eForm 1 for SP5K SBR conversion on 7/25/21. Just came back approved this morning 8/7/21. I wish ATF was always that fast! Did my own fingerprints too, was kind of expecting them to reject them."