• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

For the Poncho fans

glennc

American Patriot
That's one beautiful '69 Trans Am.

My Brewster Green '73 Trans Am I bought in '73.

My 2000 Trans Am WS6 I bought from a friend in 2002, unfortunately it was totalled in '09 by a drunk driver.

I also owned an '04 red GTO, '05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G, '67 GTO. I have pictures of them too.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
That's one beautiful '69 Trans Am.

My Brewster Green '73 Trans Am I bought in '73.

My 2000 Trans Am WS6 I bought from a friend in 2002, unfortunately it was totalled in '09 by a drunk driver.

I also owned an '04 red GTO, '05 Grand Prix GTP Comp G, '67 GTO. I have pictures of them too.
glennc if you posted pictures my Malwarebytes wouldn't let them through. Would love to see that '73 Brewster and the rest.:frown2:

glennc

American Patriot
glennc if you posted pictures my Malwarebytes wouldn't let them through. Would love to see that '73 Brewster and the rest.:frown2:
I posted pic of my '73 T/A and my '00 T/A. Sorry you can't see them. Pontiac only made 146 Brewster Green Trans Ams.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
I can see them now on my iPad. Very nice ponchos indeed. There were a few green Brewster’s around here back in the seventies and I always thought it was a beautiful color combo.
There was a Buc red 73 SD 4spd for sale in Walnut Creek for sale with 75k miles on Craigslist a few years ago for $95k. I looked at it everyday until the post was deleted:smile5:

glennc

American Patriot
I can see them now on my iPad. Very nice ponchos indeed. There were a few green Brewster’s around here back in the seventies and I always thought it was a beautiful color combo.
There was a Buc red 73 SD 4spd for sale in Walnut Creek for sale with 75k miles on Craigslist a few years ago for $95k. I looked at it everyday until the post was deleted:smile5:
All I have now is a 1:18 diecast model, wish I still had the original one.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
Same here.
I have the ‘70 T/A same size still in the box. My oldest daughter was SO upset when I sold the car I gave her the die cast. After she got over it she gave it back-that’s one of the reasons she’s my favorite lol.
I think it’s stored at my office building I’ll look for it on Monday and snap a pic. Like yours the attention to details on these are incredible.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I am the original owner, this is my '71, also have a 70-1/2, same color, it's in storage at the moment.
7th attempt, it worked in the post below so lets see if I can get this one to work as well.

Last edited:

glennc

American Patriot
I am the original owner, this is my '71, also have a 70-1/2, same color, it's in storage at the moment.

Interesting, can't see the picture with either Cubeupload or Imgur. Can anyone see it?

This picture showed up, but it's huge and I can't seem to resize it on Cubeupload
Nice Trans Am, post it again when it's resized.

You need to use a photo editor, I use photostudio 5 to resize my photos before uploading to cubeupload...640x480 is the size I use.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Thanks Glenn, I will give that a try.

I can upload them with Imgur too, and it has features to let me resize the photo, didn't know what size to use, will give that 640x480 a shot.

OK, re-sized it to 640x480 with Imgur, lets see if this works.

glennc

American Patriot
Thanks Glenn, I will give that a try.

I can upload them with Imgur too, and it has features to let me resize the photo, didn't know what size to use, will give that 640x480 a shot.

OK, re-sized it to 640x480 with Imgur, lets see if this works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, nice looking Trans Am. Only 2116 were made that year, so pretty rare.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
7th attempt, it worked in the post below so lets see if I can get this one to work as well.

So you’re the guy hoarding all the Lucy Blue T/As :wink:.
As for your beautiful ‘71, I really have to hand it to Pontiac for that year by adding the 455HO to the lineup. Round port heads with massive amounts of torque, and if you wanted a stick, the M-22 was badass. My friends ‘71 had a “turbo” whine to it going through the gears. Pretty sure they kept that trans through ‘72, but started messing a bit with the engine heads battling the emissions b.s. I’m old enough to remember the GM strike which made the 72’s pretty scarce.
So I got to thinking where all the pics of my ‘70 are last night. Just this morning my wife told me I put them on a thumb drive from 4 computers ago. We’ll see how that shakes out.
The car had 1 restoration and numbers matching but I wanted to take it to show car level. It was repainted in Cameo White (incorrect) instead of Polar White (correct) which is slightly bluer in color. I shot the car completely disassembled with 3 coats of single stage urethane; pretty deadly stuff without taking precautions. Disassembly was absolutely necessary with all the plastic on those cars.
I did some pretty major but hidden mods to the engine as I was worried about being “whooped” by v6 Camry’s and mini vans not to mention modern T/As like Glenn’s which had plenty of power.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My 71 , for a number of years, had a 694 CID Merlin V8 in it, backed by a Richmond 6 speed.

I put the original 455 HO back in it a few years ago, although it has been bored and stroked to 494 CID and had the compression raised to 13.5:1. Reworked Holey Dominator now flows 1350 CFM, up 200 from its original 1150, sitting on the original high rise aluminum intake. Isky roller cam and rockers, studded the heads down, Venolia slugs and rods, Hank the Crank crankshaft, Milodon oil pump, larger pan, sodium filled titanium valves with stellite faces, Hooker super comp headers. Also went back to a Doug Nash 5 speed for it that I had in it after removing the M22 decades ago. Still have all original parts so it could be put back to completely original (well, except for the being bored that is). Needs to be painted, was garaged all its life, but I used to run it (with the 694 Merlin and 6 speed) in the original Silver State 100 road challenge, so it has a few scratches here and there from dust and dirt at high speeds.

Took the roll cage out awhile back, put back in the original seats, and new carpet, need to recover the seats and reinstall the original console one of these days, could probably stand a new head liner too, there is one small tear about an inch long over the clip for the shoulder harness on the passenger side, other wise interior is pretty near mint.

Body's paint is pretty good, it's the fender skirts, front spoiler, and flares (white) that show the paint chips the worst.

Doesn't like to run on less than 110 octane gas, but it pulls really strong through all 5 gears even with the 3.08's I currently have in the differential. I only drive it when the weather is nice around here, and not too hot, as it only has 2-160 air..... two windows down and 160 MPH if you want cool air flowing!

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
My 71 , for a number of years, had a 694 CID Merlin V8 in it, backed by a Richmond 6 speed.

I put the original 455 HO back in it a few years ago, although it has been bored and stroked to 494 CID and had the compression raised to 13.5:1. Reworked Holey Dominator now flows 1350 CFM, up 200 from its original 1150, sitting on the original high rise aluminum intake. Isky roller cam and rockers, studded the heads down, Venolia slugs and rods, Hank the Crank crankshaft, Milodon oil pump, larger pan, sodium filled titanium valves with stellite faces, Hooker super comp headers. Also went back to a Doug Nash 5 speed for it that I had in it after removing the M22 decades ago. Still have all original parts so it could be put back to completely original (well, except for the being bored that is). Needs to be painted, was garaged all its life, but I used to run it (with the 694 Merlin and 6 speed) in the original Silver State 100 road challenge, so it has a few scratches here and there from dust and dirt at high speeds.

Took the roll cage out awhile back, put back in the original seats, and new carpet, need to recover the seats and reinstall the original console one of these days, could probably stand a new head liner too, there is one small tear about an inch long over the clip for the shoulder harness on the passenger side, other wise interior is pretty near mint.

Body's paint is pretty good, it's the fender skirts, front spoiler, and flares (white) that show the paint chips the worst.

Doesn't like to run on less than 110 octane gas, but it pulls really strong through all 5 gears even with the 3.08's I currently have in the differential. I only drive it when the weather is nice around here, and not too hot, as it only has 2-160 air..... two windows down and 160 MPH if you want cool air flowing!
No problem with v6 Camrys!:wink:
I had the bottom end built with lightweight components that could handle some abuse. Sent the heads to Pontiac Gregg in Longmont Co for porting and the appropriate springs for a custom ground 592/592 solid roller done by Harold-he was doing work for UltraDyne cams. I needed to keep the intake stock to keep the flapper functional for show, but let’s face it, those mods needed a good set of headers of which I had jet coated. That said, when we first fired the motor I had a good bud watching for any irregularities on it. About 2 minutes in, I notice a glow reflecting in his glasses and I’m like WTF??
My bad, timing retarded, the headers got so hot you could light a cigarette on them. Dulled them good and proper. I was irritated.
The next morning I drove it to the muffler shop and finished up with 2.5” exhaust with an X pipe. That was one loud commute. Put the correct chrome extentions on it as well. For such a radical cam it had very good street manners. The carb was a quradrajet off a Buick which some guy named Cliff Ruggles worked for me after giving him all the build specs. Ran like a beast. Sold the original carb with the car. The 12 bolt rear had the 3.55s and was an M20 wide ratio 4 speed.
I miss it.

glennc

American Patriot
My '04 GTO I had a few yrs. ago. 150 shot of NOS, Pacesetter long tube headers, 3" mids and a Diablo power programmer. DR 19 wheels.

My '67 GTO I restored to original, 400 ci, th400 w/Hurst Dual Gate, factory A/C.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
My '04 GTO I had a few yrs. ago. 150 shot of NOS, Pacesetter long tube headers, 3" mids and a Diablo power programmer. DR 19 wheels.

My '67 GTO I restored to original, 400 ci, th400 w/Hurst Dual Gate, factory A/C.
Very nice glenn. Loved the '67's and the Chevelle's from that year as well. Never had a chance to drive an '04, but did drive an '06. Damn that car was fast. Ran better than my stock '70 T/A easily.
Oh, and I found this:

Just noticed the wrong Trans Am graphics on the front fender-should be smaller and the crooked rear bumper; made in China LOL.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Nothing like the old Pontiacs!

(Well, other GM vehicles are similar...)

I am glad to see a slight resurgence in the American muscle cars, like the new Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Challengers, not to mention the 'vette.

glennc

American Patriot
Nothing like the old Pontiacs!

(Well, other GM vehicles are similar...)

I am glad to see a slight resurgence in the American muscle cars, like the new Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Challengers, not to mention the 'vette.
Yea, it's great, performance is back, Vettes you say?
My C5 50th Anniversary Edition, 6mt. still own it.

Ricci

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
Very nice glenn. Loved the '67's and the Chevelle's.
Did you say '67 Chevelles?
My '67 SS396, 4-speed I bought in '69 It got stolen and stripped in '71.

I restored this '67 Chevelle, sb 350, 4-speed, console, bucket seats.
Bummer to here about the SS. THAT is one that I wanted but never got around to acquiring. Dang, you've owned some pretty nice muscle.