Excellent International Space Station(ISS) pass tonight 2037 hours

Golgo13

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Hi NV Shooters,

Tonight will be a full visible ISS pass at 78°.

This means you will see the station pass almost directly over head and it will remain visible for about 4 minutes and overhead for about 11 minutes.

If you have a uhf/vhf handheld radio, tune into the downlink frequency of 437.800MHz.
You can hear ground stations making contact using the on board repeater.(even a simple baofeng with stock antenna should hear something. Especially if you are on the outskirts of the city with a clear view of the sky)

If you're lucky, you may hear the crew contacting ground stations on 145.800MHz

If you use APRS, the digipeater frequency is 145.825MHz with the signal path WIDE-1, ARISS.(this mode is not active at the moment.)

If you want to use the repeater, refer to this graphic on how the doppler shift if you want to preload your pass channels.
Programming-radio-ISS-crossband-repeater-chirp-1.jpg

This is fun of course but it is also a useful thing to be aware of if you needed transmit your grid coordinates and emergency messages for hundreds of miles via APRS for example. Even with no cell coverage)
Screenshot_20220402-151645_ISS Detector.jpg

Last edited:

Kinoons

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
One night in NM I happened to look up and saw a bright white dot in the sky. Too slow to be a plane, but actually moving so it wasn’t a star or a planet. It took me a couple of moments to realize I was looking at the ISS. I had never seen the ISS before; never had looked for it. I didn’t realize you could listen in as well, that’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

Golgo13

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It will be visible again tonight from 1946 - 1957 hours, although it is only 43° off of the horizon tonight.