• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Every man should own an old truck

Bonez

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I wonder what he'd take for it. Seems like if it was cleaned up and running, it'd fetch a pretty good price. Wonder how road-worthy it is? Only way I'd want it would be if I could actually use it to tow a trailer and the like; maybe my Jeep. My Jeep's been a project, upgrade after upgrade, that I've yet to seriously get on the road (or offroad), which is wearing on me...

Nice to have as a 'looker' to draw attention or cruise town occasionally, but without disc brakes, for example, I'm not sure whether it's worth more than as a looker. Still nice to have though!

Maybe it's time for me to clean a few things out of the inventory, just to free up some cash and make some more room....

Thanks for posting this. Hope he doesn't get in any real hurry to see it go away!
The number on the side of the bed rail doesn't match the # on his business card so her is a copy of the business card in case you (or anyone else) wants to ask him some questions
56DDDBC7-D133-4354-9090-CF2ABA8EE46B.jpeg
edit: sorry about the potato pic.. I was in a hurry and lighting was low

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
The number on the side of the bed rail doesn't match the # on his business card so her is a copy of the business card in case you (or anyone else) wants to ask him some questions
View attachment 141325
edit: sorry about the potato pic.. I was in a hurry and lighting was low
Google maps lists a different number and the website doesn't come up. He just runs it out of his house? Kinda weird to just knock on a front door.

Bonez

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Google maps lists a different number and the website doesn't come up. He just runs it out of his house? Kinda weird to just knock on a front door.
There is a little shop on the side of the place with an entrance through the fence gate just south of the carport where the truck is parked.
The number or email on the card would be your best bet to make first contact I would imagine

BBF1A410-842B-451C-833B-DCDDABA77977.jpeg

Here's my old truck that I recently rescued from the original owner (family member). 1972 F-250, 4x4, 360, 4 speed. About 90,000 original miles. It's been sitting for a long time, so it needs all the usual stuff - brake hydraulic parts, fuel tank intake plugged, etc. Light surface rust. Will probably find an original type bed.

IMG_1959.JPG

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Here's my old truck that I recently rescued from the original owner (family member). 1972 F-250, 4x4, 360, 4 speed. About 90,000 original miles. It's been sitting for a long time, so it needs all the usual stuff - brake hydraulic parts, fuel tank intake plugged, etc. Light surface rust. Will probably find an original type bed.

View attachment 141947
Cool old Highboy.

Ron_O

Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Happiness
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter

View attachment 141947
Damn, that's a great looking rig! Toss a custom flatbed on it and make it into a regular farm stomper or welding rig. Totally awesome, low miles.

A guy in our neighborhood has something similar but with the original bed, and I've been TEMPTED to see if he wants to let go of it. Just parked, doesn't seem to be running. Might even replace my CJ with it, but I'm overwhelmed with projects during the summer months.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My 62 Chevy 1 ton 4x4 Suburban had 4.88 gears front and rear, I added a two speed overdrive unit, made life on the highway much more bearable.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
And what, 4 MPG?:LOL:
No, the 327 I had in it wasn't that bad, in overdrive on the brownie and overdrive on the transmission it was good for 16-20 MPG on the highway, depending on speed, flat ground or hills, altitude and how heavily loaded it was.

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
How I’ve missed this. First real load in the new truck. Home Depot run with about 2000 lbs of stuff. Those 2x6’s were soaking wet. I love 8’ beds and heavy 3/4 ton trucks!

Rides a little softer with the weight too lol.
439E2D15-E436-4C3A-A1A1-43A637915EE3.jpeg E7791D6B-0D14-4062-9057-0D253AAA890D.jpeg