Elk Scouting videos.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Here are some of the videos from this year. The rest of My deer and elk videos are on My YouTube channel, You can watch them there. Hopefully I will get some video of Big Horn this winter. If I do I'll share them here. Enjoy

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
Back already..
My boy got into them at the crack of dawn on the second day. A herd of seven bulls were right where he thought they would be after a day of scouting/hunting
The best part besides him busting one, was that we got it on an atv trailer and back to camp whole.
393 lbs of product for the processor...
Did you know that tomahawk ribeyes are called placer steaks?? when they are from an elk? We should be getting 7 of them, I think....Oh yeah! IMG_2568.JPG

Last edited:

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
@Fogie That makes it nice with the trailer and winch. You guys let the processor gut it to? First thing I do is cut the testicles off. They made a tasty treat that night. Diced into small cubes, dredged in flour and seasonings, then fried. Any way, I only ask because they are a crap ton lighter without the guts:ROFLMAO:.
Is he getting him mounted? Awesome bull! Congrats to your Son and You.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
@Fogie That makes it nice with the trailer and winch. You guys let the processor gut it to? First thing I do is cut the testicles off. They made a tasty treat that night. Diced into small cubes, dredged in flour and seasonings, then fried. Any way, I only ask because they are a crap ton lighter without the guts:ROFLMAO:.
Is he getting him mounted? Awesome bull! Congrats to your Son and You.
Thanks, Man,
No, we emptied him just outside of camp. We would have skinned him, but it started snowing and we got lazy. It was plenty cold. We just got lucky that a road was below where he piled up, or it would have been quartering and pack frames.
We ended up cutting him in half to make him managable and loading him into a truck bed.
No mount..We capped him. We're not quite sure what we will do with his antlers. There is only one room in the house with a high enough ceiling for them and not if a mount, IMO.
As for his nuts..I wouls imagine that the coyotes got them. So far, only his heart was dinner for us.