Edumuhcate me on AR9's / 9mm AR pistols

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I started to do a 9mm AR pistol build, after a lot of research I went with a factory CMMG 9mm AR pistol. It uses the Colt pattern stick magazines which are very plentiful, and it looks like the 9mm Colt SMG I was issued for a while in my former agency. The Colt SMG were very reliable, and great little weapons systems. The agency went to the MP-5, which IMHO is the best 9mm sub-machinegun ever made.

Of course any of the 9mm SMG's have one serious draw back, the 9mm cartridge. It's limited effective range (100 meters) is why most tactical teams in the world have transitioned into some sort of short barreled weapons system in 5.56 mm. It gives them a much longer effective range. The 9 mm SMG like the MP-5 was really designed as a hostage rescue weapons system. Small, reliable, and very accurate across a room. Technology caught up, and the same can be said for several 5.56 mm platforms.

If the 'bump stock ban" silliness wasn't looming on the horizon, I would really look at a Franklin Armory binary trigger for my CMMG. It would be a perfect match for the very controllable 9 mm platform.

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
I built a kind of odd retro 9mm pistol build with short triangler hand guards and a A2 style sights, I used a Hahn mag insert I got a smoking deal on [$75+ 2 mags} I am going to add a KAK blade 2.0 when I get caught up on funds, I also put a 3 prong FH on it to round out the weirdness. IMGP3617.JPG

eQ

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I built a kind of odd retro 9mm pistol build with short triangler hand guards and a A2 style sights, I used a Hahn mag insert I got a smoking deal on [$75+ 2 mags} I am going to add a KAK blade 2.0 when I get caught up on funds, I also put a 3 prong FH on it to round out the weirdness. View attachment 37635

eQ
I like it, it reminds me of some of the early efforts by Colt to develop the XM-177