• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Drank the WFT ("World's Finest Trimmer") Kool-aid!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
That is the best reloading tool I bought since the Dillon press! Fast & easy!
A must for doing high volume necked cartridges!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Way faster than the Lyman case express with lee cutters, and more concetric

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I got the WFT2 because I'll be doing a boat load of 223, a few 30'06, and maybe 300 blackout.

The WFT single caliber is about $76.

The WFT2 without a caliber is $76. The caliber inserts are $28 per caliber. So if more than 1 caliber, cheaper to get WFT2.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Yep. I'd need .223, 300BLK (I do a lot of 300BLK), and 6.5 Grendel.

Edit: Ordered. Thanks again.

Last edited:

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I have the gen 1's. If I had to buy another, I would get the 2nd version. Great pieces of equipment. I'd like to do some kind of bench mount for a corded drill. Cordless gets old for large volume of brass.

oly29

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I have mine in my drill press. I run the brass thru an inside and outside chamfer bit after trimming.

usmcnye

Aim Small Miss Small
I have been using WFT for a few years ; I am on my third .223 WFT. Recently bought the big WFT for 50 BMG; so much quicker than using conventional trimmers with the same results. To replace my .223 WFT, will get the new WFT2, which is easier to change caliber inserts and the cutter as well. I have averaged around 4,000 cases per trimmer for the original WFT. A more expensive carbide replacement cutter is available for the WFT2 in addition to the standard cutter.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My slightly over sized case trimmer...……..5 HP, 3 Phase 220VAC 2 speed motor, will handle shells from .11 Stinger through 155 MM...:devilish:

Lathe Cropped .jpg

Actually I have a Dillion Case trimmer and an old Lyman.
That WFT looks like a great idea, reminds me of the coax cable trimmers I use to make up coax cables for HAM radio and the Sheriff's Department, Fire Department, etc. radios. Same basic principle. With a carbide cutter it should last practically forever.

gixxer760

Domestic Terrorist aka pa
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My slightly over sized case trimmer...……..5 HP, 3 Phase 220VAC 2 speed motor, will handle shells from .11 Stinger through 155 MM...:devilish:

View attachment 41406

Actually I have a Dillion Case trimmer and an old Lyman.
That WFT looks like a great idea, reminds me of the coax cable trimmers I use to make up coax cables for HAM radio and the Sheriff's Department, Fire Department, etc. radios. Same basic principle. With a carbide cutter it should last practically forever.
That's way too clean to be yours....

I remember it being alot busier on the area.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That's mine, taken the day the lathe and the mill arrived here, that was over 10 years before you were by for a visit, so of course it was a bit messier by then! A sterile clean machine shop is a sign of a sick mind and a failing business!

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
I have 3 WFT's and they are awesome. I have been hearing recently about the Giraud 3 way, which is basically the same thing, but chamfers and deburrs at the same time.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I have the Dillon rapid trim 1200. I think it’s faster than this set up. But the WFT is way cheaper. I think the RT is about $300.

HomeSkillet

Outdoors for the win
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Agreed. The WFT is awesome! I have one for my .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Only problem is every now and then I bump the shoulders back on my cases instead of full length sizing them and they will never fit into the trimmer. This is where my cheap Lyman saves the day

Although I hear the company can custom-size a trimmer if you send them a few samples of your fire-formed brass

Attaching it to a drill press if you have one is definitely the way to go :)