Do the Walmarts in Vegas still carry guns and ammo?

I went by Walmart on Charleston near Decatur a few weeks back to grab some ammo and socks. I went to check out at the gun counter and it was empty along with all the racks and cases. I didn't have time to ask about it and haven't been back since.

Anyone know if the Walmarts around Vegas still carry shooting stuff?

JohnnyK

"My name is NOT Johnny!"
Forum Supporter
Some locations do, some don't. Walmart as with any other retailer will move/remove merchandise based on sales statistics.. If products aren't selling in one store, they will move it to another store that is selling it.

Seems like the ones in "rougher" neighborhoods dont sell them. The one by me on Stewart and Nellis hasn't sold guns ever since I remember. Same with the one on boulder highway, the one on Tropicana and pecos ,etc. The one in Henderson does sell them though

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
Seems like the ones in "rougher" neighborhoods dont sell them. The one by me on Stewart and Nellis hasn't sold guns ever since I remember. Same with the one on boulder highway, the one on Tropicana and pecos ,etc. The one in Henderson does sell them though
Did the Nellis store sell them up until the cops were murdered there, or was it just ammo? I bought shotgun shells at Boulder Hwy/Nellis just a couple years ago on my way out to night trap at the Boulder Club, but again, maybe they just stocked ammo, and I can't remember if there were actually any guns there. I bought my one and only Walmart gun at the store on Trop/Pecos a very long time ago. It was one of the WalMart exclusives made by Ruger, a 10/22 International with a gray laminated stock. Still have it.

Did the Nellis store sell them up until the cops were murdered there, or was it just ammo? I bought shotgun shells at Boulder Hwy/Nellis just a couple years ago on my way out to night trap at the Boulder Club, but again, maybe they just stocked ammo, and I can't remember if there were actually any guns there. I bought my one and only Walmart gun at the store on Trop/Pecos a very long time ago. It was one of the WalMart exclusives made by Ruger, a 10/22 International with a gray laminated stock. Still have it.
I've lived by Stewart and Nellis for almost my entire life and I never remembered it ever selling and guns. I remember us going to Kmart and an old surplus store by Nellis and Bonanza for guns and ammo as a kid. The other Walmarts I went to occasionally but I only remember them selling ammo

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
I've lived by Stewart and Nellis for almost my entire life and I never remembered it ever selling and guns. I remember us going to Kmart and an old surplus store by Nellis and Bonanza for guns and ammo as a kid. The other Walmarts I went to occasionally but I only remember them selling ammo
I bought an 870 there...Stewart and Nellis. Steel bb split the muzzle on my old one at The Virgin. Drove in and got back to ducking by 10:00am. 25? years ago.

nschiff

Forum Supporter
Walmart at Charleston and Decatur has been undergoing remodeling for months now. Last time I was in there (a week or 2 ago) they had cabinets for guns installed behind the new counter in sporting goods but the shelves weren't up and no product; I don't know if they have completed it at this point or not. So yes, I believe they will still be selling them, it is just taking them forever to complete the renovations because they remained open and have to work around customers and keep some product on the shelves.

Walmart at Charleston and Decatur has been undergoing remodeling for months now. Last time I was in there (a week or 2 ago) they had cabinets for guns installed behind the new counter in sporting goods but the shelves weren't up and no product; I don't know if they have completed it at this point or not. So yes, I believe they will still be selling them, it is just taking them forever to complete the renovations because they remained open and have to work around customers and keep some product on the shelves.
They've finished the remodel and have long guns and ammo available again.