• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Davidson’s name change?

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Whoa. I have a couple of cans pending forms with Paul. Are they taking over that part of the business as well?

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
Whoa. I have a couple of cans pending forms with Paul. Are they taking over that part of the business as well?
I have a can pending there too so I'm glad that I stumbled across this post! I was aware of the location change as I purchased my first can at the old location and picked it up at the Horizon Ridge location.

Does anyone know if a name change would affect a Form 4 on the BATFE end? My now 10 month waiting can went pending 3 weeks after the one that was approved 3 months ago. I know the NFA Branch takes their sweet time but it makes me scratch my head.

I have a can pending there too so I'm glad that I stumbled across this post! I was aware of the location change as I purchased my first can at the old location and picked it up at the Horizon Ridge location.

Does anyone know if a name change would affect a Form 4 on the BATFE end? My now 10 month waiting can went pending 3 weeks after the one that was approved 3 months ago. I know the NFA Branch takes their sweet time but it makes me scratch my head.
It did affect my can through them. From approval it took a month for them to receive it. But per Paul that was due to the post office forwarding mail process. Of course your also dealing with the shut down so no telling how much longer that dragged things out. Also if you did as a trust that could also.

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
It did affect my can through them. From approval it took a month for them to receive it. But per Paul that was due to the post office forwarding mail process. Of course your also dealing with the shut down so no telling how much longer that dragged things out. Also if you did as a trust that could also.
My Form 4 references Davidson's Firearms and not Nevada Firearms and Training so I suppose I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm aware that the shutdown has affected processing though other than when my 1st Form 4 was approved and I was advised of it (the gal even said "I guess I don't get to hear from you anymore" lol), every last phone inquiry to the NFA has been a repeat script of received on/went pending date and "currently pending". If it's a dba and not new corp/llc name I don't know if it'd affect anything though I searched the NV SoS website for Nevada Firearms and Training for sh!ts & giggles and came up empty.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions though so I'll presume everything is squared away. Hurry up and wait has been my thing anyway.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Yeah, I was going to call them as well. My SiCo BOGO cans from the summer sale are going to be shipped there as well.

I need to go look at my tax stamp to see what the name is. I bought it at the old location under Davidson’s. But picked it up at the new location when the name was changed.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
It's not closed. Just a change in company name and owners. It's now known as Nevada Firearms and Training.
Folks, we'll likely be updating the references to Davidson's to the new name, Nevada Firearms & Training in the next week or so.

Davidsons Firearms

07/02 FFL
Commercial Sponsor
Just to give a little history and put minds at ease...

A year ago we found out we were going to move to a new building and have more space to do more work. After talking with a few other people and some investors we made our move.

When the move occurred the sign out front changed. There were several FFLs that were going to be operating at the same location, including us. This required a sign change to accommodate all FFL holders at the location.

Shortly after our move, we got a ruling from the NV Dept of Taxation (“NDT”) which we had been fighting in court regarding the uncollected sales tax for transfers prior to the bulletin they issued in 2015 requiring dealers to start collecting sales tax on transfers.

Unfortunately, the court’s decision did not go in our favor. The NDT charged Davidson’s Firearms approximately $530,000.00 for sales tax, penalties and interest for transfers that we never collected from the time Davidson’s Firearms commenced business until the time NDT issued the bulletin when Davidson’s Firearms started collecting sales tax.

Due to this, Davidson’s Firearms sold all its assest to one of the other companies that we partnered with to move to the new space to pay bills. That company is Nevada Firearms & Training.

Unfortunately, Davidson’s Firearms will be dissolved as it is not possible for Davidson’s Firearms to pay fees estimated at $530,000.00 to the state when we never collected any of it. Davidson’s Firearms made arrangements to continue operations doing transfers and keep our FFL active until all NFA transfers were completed. So there is no reason to worry as Davidson’s Firearms will continue to exist until all NFA items have been delivered. Once they have all been delivered, then Davidson’s Firearms will have no choice but to dissolve the company as all assets were sold off to pay bills as much as they could. NDT also filed a lien against Davidson’s Firearms operating bank account, and has taken $80,000.00 of company revenue so the company has been operating doing only transfers.

Davidson’s Firearms made arrangements with the owners of Nevada Firearms & Training to run their operations as part of the deal when Davidson’s Firearms sold all its assets to Nevada Firearms & Training and for them to hire our staff to fill positions at the store.

So the long and short of it is, all the same people are at the store, and the entity is Nevada Firearms & Training. It’s just new ownership, which they have nothing to do with daily operations. That’s why the company is setup as a manager managed LLC, and as the Chief Executive Manager, I am in charge of all daily operations and the owners have no say in daily operations. They are allowing me to keep Davidsons operation in the space until such time as all NFA items have been delivered.

All NFA items that have been sold since all of this occurred have actually been sold from Nevada Firearms as Davidsons hasn’t sold anything new in a long time.

So yes, there will be a name change on here as Davidsons will be shutting down as soon as all NFA items have been delivered.

Good news in all of this is the owners want to move to selling more high end firearms and at Nevada Firearms & Training, we are dealers for STI, Wilson Combat, Desert Tech, Barrett, and many other high end manufacturers and we actually have product in store. So yes, Davidsons will be going away, but Nevada Firearms will be here to serve you in a higher capacity with more high end firearms. They will still have most of the common firearms but their focus will be higher end and NFA items.

Last year, Nevada Firearms & Training sold approximately 400 suppressors and we are stocking all the latest stuff as well. Additionally, Nevada Firearms & Training just ordered a Laser Simulation range for the store, so you can come and shoot any number of courses, houses and sims in the store with real firearms that have been converted to provide real feedback. So you can shoot in the comfort of our store with real recoil and have “shoot no shoot” scenarios that you will ramp up your skills.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call, but please rest assured that I have made all efforts to keep the company operating until all NFA items have been delivered. Unfortunately for me, I have lost a business I started by myself and thought I would be around until the end of time.

The CA transplants that work in the NDT had other ideas and unfortunately they won.

I am not the first, the auditor told me they had plans to audit every store in the state as there are tens of millions if not more they can collect from all the stores in the state. ie. they can put a lot of other stores out of business.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Are they going to go after UPS for delivering all those non-firearms to people's doors from out-of-state? It's illegal targeting of a specific type of business. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

The CA transplants that work in the NDT had other ideas and unfortunately they won.
I remember when that whole thing came out. The wording wasn't found in NV government docs, but in CA government docs. So much for a "smoking gun" though.

Davidsons Firearms

07/02 FFL
Commercial Sponsor
I’ve appealed everything all the way to the highest NV court the next one is a US district court... which my attorney thinks we would win. But to do that would require me to pay the money owed, plus a bond to request the appeal. It’s more money than I have to put into this thing at this time.

It’s what they do, keep going against you until you can’t afford to fight anymore.

All I know is the way things are going we will be east Cali if we don’t watch what happens. With our new governor and the dem majority in the state I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time before they start passing legislation to put us in line with Cali gun laws and them wiping out as many dealers as they can is just the beginning. And this is how they will do it as many dealers that did transfers prior to the bulletin being issued will be targets and will be gone after and be hit with bills in the hundreds of thousands if not millions, and that will wipe out just about anyone.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
This breaks my heart. Paul you and your family are in my prayers keep us posted if you open your own shop again. Southern Highlands could use one and ill happily staff for you for less than competitive wage. Godspeed and thanks for years of great sales that left me with a huge smile.

MZ - probably your only customer with that initials