• Become a Nevada Shooters Forum Supporter!
    Click HERE for details!

Coyote Hunting in Washoe County

Anyone down to go coyote hunting with me out here? New to coyote hunting. Just got back from my 3rd time out trying to call some yotes in Palomino Valley with no luck. I hear them but yet to have them come within sight. I think I'm making some rookie mistakes.

I have a foxbro e-call, a 4x4 pickup and an AR with a 1-6 power scope.

I live out in Spanish Springs. If interested let me know!

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I’m surprised no one replied. Holidays are a hard time to meet folks, especially when most inclined to hunt are out hunting game in the open seasons. Hit me up in the new year, I’ve wanted to chase yotes more too.

Add me to your list. I keep asking my friends and they keep saying "oh yea we have to do that sometime" and sometime never seens to come along... lol I live in Sparks and have a 4x4 and a silenced 6.5 creed.

m.brd

Coyote Hunter
it is now that people dont want to hunt coyotes, you can't: You described your rig as a center fire rifle:
In order to discharge a round at a coyote: you must be 5000ft from the nearest building. and free from a conjugated zone. With the only exception to that being in Palomino Valley. All the great coyote hunting up on Hogue rd. gone, behind the Reno "R" Gone, Garrison Flats Gone, there were many place that you could take coyotes but now you can not with a center fire weapon.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
Add me to your list. I keep asking my friends and they keep saying "oh yea we have to do that sometime" and sometime never seens to come along... lol I live in Sparks and have a 4x4 and a silenced 6.5 creed.
Same issue for me, I live in Lyon county, and see coyotes on our 5 acres regularly, but get back in the hills behind our house, and there are a lot fewer, and they seem educated.... I'm still getting my coyote gear fine tuned, but would like to get a good winter coat pelt or two.....

What ive noticed is that the dogs around here are way too smart. There are way too many people in the reno area and the dogs in palamino valley, north valleys etc have all been called and are too smart to be fooled my an e-caller. You need to use mouth calls and whitney houston the hell out of it to get most dogs around here to come in. Occasionally the e-callers still work but the coyotes that are still alive in mid January have grown wise.

With that said, the wayside bar coyote tournament is this weekend. Hope to see you guys there!

What ive noticed is that the dogs around here are way too smart. There are way too many people in the reno area and the dogs in palamino valley, north valleys etc have all been called and are too smart to be fooled my an e-caller. You need to use mouth calls and whitney houston the hell out of it to get most dogs around here to come in. Occasionally the e-callers still work but the coyotes that are still alive in mid January have grown wise.

With that said, the wayside bar coyote tournament is this weekend. Hope to see you guys there!
What are the details on that. When and where?

Wayside bar in lemmon valley. Starts Friday at midnight. Have to be signed up by 9pm on Friday though. Goes until 6pm or 7pm on Saturday.

terdog

uber Member
I was driving truck today, and 1 of my deliveries was to The Bentley Ranch on Stockyard (just a few miles North of Minden. Sure as (poop)e, a frickin 'yote was 75 yrds off the road in a fallow field. I'm pretty sure that son-of-a-biscuit was laughin at me when he flipped me off. 20190107_105117.jpg

(poop) wish i would have seen it earlier. I was there. I was standing at the table right at the front door in a camo cabelas sweatshirt.

Then I walked right past you. I got there about 6:30 and had a beer and was standing by the 2nd pool table for a while and talked to a few people listened to the rules and headed out a little while later.