• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Chinese Charging Handles...

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Lol..Betcha it will do some jackrabbit pulping on my 9. Will see.
Arent’t SKSs and a lot of AKs 100% Chinese?

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Speaking of which one of my sons and I just got in. I think over the last 3 weeks we’ve dumped about 1200 rounds of brass cased 5.56 and 223 without any issues of any kind with these charging handles. 2 10.5 guns and one 20” rifle.

And Dean D if you read this that Bushmaster FN rifle I bought from you has been a solid gun. All I had to do was move the elevation knob to 4 and it’s been dead on. Very nice rifle to carry and shoot.

I've been buying Strike Industries extended latch charging handles. It's not ambi, but then again neither am I. Some of their products are made in USA, the ones that aren't are made in Taiwan. Which is at least an allied nation.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I've only got 3 ARs, do I need spare charging handles in stock?? I've yet to have one give me any issues, but then, I only shoot hundreds, not thousands of rounds though my ARs....

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
I've only got 3 ARs, do I need spare charging handles in stock?? I've yet to have one give me any issues, but then, I only shoot hundreds, not thousands of rounds though my ARs....
Are these three ARs all for you, are are you outfitting a fire team? If they are all for you, then you already have your back-up spare parts for such a rare failure.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Are these three ARs all for you, are are you outfitting a fire team? If they are all for you, then you already have your back-up spare parts for such a rare failure.
Good point! They are all for me, and occasionally for guests, visiting from out of state (or local).

L-2

uber n00b
IMG_0752.jpg

Here's my (probably Chinese) ambi charging handle, which I've since given away after repairing it.

From the photo, comparing it to a stock Springfield-Armory charging handle, one can see how the hook had bent. This caused the ambi-latch to not be able to hook onto the upper receiver.

I took needle-nose pliers and a file to bend the latch back into shape; and then to file the latch to ensure the latch would "pop-over" the upper receivers spot to prevent the latch from bending as such again.

I then ordered a Radian Raptor LT charging handle which has worked well for me. The original Springfield-Armory single-sided latch is merely kept as a spare now.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
So far we haven’t had any trouble in the fun guns. My main rig runs a Raptor. In the bushy 20” with BFSlll the Chinese unit keeps chugging along. I’d have not thought that would bend there but that’s a bad place and pretty much done.

Thank you for sharing.

Had this happen at the range yesterday. My bcg wasn’t fully going into battery and I kept charging the rifle with no luck. Then when I took the rifle apart I seen this issue. Thank goodness it wasn’t anything else lol.
I did file a “defective claim” and got my money back though 😬. Can’t complain for the price

A5A48E8E-43F2-4F35-A09E-B7D796FEE340.jpeg

D7783296-F8A0-48D3-BA08-5596E4FBBE38.jpeg