• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Chinese Charging Handles...

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I bought one off eBay to try, well actually 2 because at 9.98 and if you buy 2 you get 10% off and free shipping. Compared to my Radian Raptor these things are pretty decent for what they are. I bought 3 more and changed them out from my stock charging handles.

For recreational shooting I think they’re great and you can’t beat the price. I’m not affiliated with any of the sellers, just trying to pass on what I think is a great deal.

If you guys want to see some pics just say so and I’ll post up a few.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Yep that’s the ones. For a copy they are pretty dam decent. Not as beefy as the Raptor handles but overall and for the price hard to beat.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
One of the auctions at the link is for a "Butterfly Pulping Tactical Premium Charging Handle". o_O Well, I suppose if you needed any butterflies tactically pulped, then OK... but let us know how they hold up.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I think they do that to skirt the rules...LOL. Hell I tried to sell a Springfield M1A stock and they hacked me for 3 days because “assault weapon part”

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Will do!

I've had one from Roush Sports for about 8 years with zero issues. I am not sure if they are Chinese or not, but they were cheap so I figured they were. But them again, I don't shoot professionally nor trust for the Go-To rifle (no reason to). Great for plinking though. If it breaks, buy 3 more before coming close to the price of the "real" thing.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
DC63FDB6-282C-4CAC-84F4-59B13BC8A261.jpeg 5452171B-70FC-40EE-935E-F48F58EFF804.jpeg 8876BAD4-4885-4697-B213-1B7333A54586.jpeg C9926927-6C33-4851-BDF5-DF7DE9184F8B.jpeg

The center one is the Chinese pulping charging handle. The left is the Radian and right is a standard which I’m assuming is made in America. Anyway I have a few standard type spares now. I like the copy and the extra meat on the right side for charging the rifle/rifles. As far as sub standard I don’t know, it feels the same as the other 2 in terms of strength.

On the cheap I think they’re GTG, if it breaks I’ve got a spare. And before you go I’m all un American, take a look around I bet not 10’ from where your having that coffee something says China.

I also made a $25 donation to NVFAC to which I’m a member before posting this little mini review. If your not a member maybe think about it. While we’re enjoying what we have and it’s under attack like never before.

Ahhhh it’s 2:30 in the morning and I think my left/right is a little off...LOL but you guys can figure it out :geek:

Rabbity

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
I've used one before and I've had it break in half on me, so I just went and swapped everything to Geissele charging handles

Rabbity

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
It was the left side latch, ran it it on a 10.3 SBR with a can and one day was shooting, came back hit me in the upper lip and I didn't think anything of it until I went home after a range session and i noticed the latch was actually broken so it just went into the trash.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That’s where my Raptor lives, no can. I’m going to test one out here this Wednesday as hard as I can for the time allowed. I’ve never personally broken a charging handle. Bent yes. For what I’ve read anyway it’s the tip that breaks off and that goes for the standard type too.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll post what happens to mine.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
As I rise writhing in pain the day out isn’t going to happen. I thought about that Vegas boy and read that’s a complaint but so far it’s talk. I’m going to torture mine stock just to see.

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
I saw there was only 1 of the charging handles left so I bought the last one yesterday to try as well. I had to laugh at the description “Butterfly Pulping Tactical Premium Charging Handle” haha

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
What I did was leave my 2 premium rifles like they are, proven shooters in any condition. And two rifles I installed the Chinese charging handles and these McFarland rings for testing. One thing I noticed right away was less resistance in the bolt movement front to back in the carrier. So I’m really interested to see how they function.

I would think that using cheap parts on a firearm would just be asking for trouble. I'm Murphy. Murphy's Law is for real. The cheap part will give up the ghost at the worse possible time. (Yes, it happened to me.)