• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cali resident purchase in NV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I know pistols are not allowed, and those nasty black guns!

Can a Cali resident purchase shotguns in NV from FFL? Or do all the crazy Cali laws mess that up? Permission slips? Waiting periods?

Friend looking for a shotgun. Visiting at some point.

I figure he is pretty much SOL, but thought I’d ask on his behalf.

The OP either needs to follow CA. laws and NOT try to skirt around them to make it worse for everyone else. Those Greedy, Dirty, CA. MoFo-ing law breaking gun owners want to ruin it for everyone. Either move out of CA. or STFU and deal with your draconian laws! You live in CA. so you really are SOL!

The OP either needs to follow CA. laws and NOT try to skirt around them to make it worse for everyone else. Those Greedy, Dirty, CA. MoFo-ing law breaking gun owners want to ruin it for everyone. Either move out of CA. or STFU and deal with your draconian laws! You live in CA. so you really are SOL!
So, how do you really feel about California gun laws and Californians in general??? :ROFLMAO:

bob

repoman

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
They're not really California "gun laws", they are "anti gun laws". You are SOL, move out of CA if you want to exercise your second amendment rights, California is not really part of the United States anymore.

SixshooterSam

Making Automobiles Great Again
I'm not encouraging anyone or suggesting that anyone break any laws, but at the end of the day, I don't blame anyone for making certain choices when they're just trying to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights when they have no nefarious intent, but the state of California has grievously imposed on them anyway.

The correct solution is to move out of that godawful state to a free state and make damn sure you vote the right way to keep it a free state. California is unrecoverable at this point, so the only correct solution is to GTFO.

K-Rad

Ok, I’m not a lawyer, but I think your friend can legally purchase a long-gun in Nevada and have it shipped to a California ffl as long as the gun is California legal.
Your friend would then have to complete the Ca background check so he must not be a prohibited person and he must have a valid CA fsc card and proper ID as well as proof of residency. Then he’ll have to wait 10 days as usual in CA.
He should reach out to his LGS and find out if they’ll accept a firearm and what he would need to do.
California sucks but good luck!

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
... I think your friend can legally purchase a long-gun in Nevada and have it shipped to a California ffl as long as the gun is California legal.
Yes. I didn't count this because it's not really any different than finding your gun on the Internet, and having your local CA gun shop order it in for you. You just found it in person while out of state, and paid for it in advance, and then still have to settle up your government bull(crap) and transfer fees when it shows up in CA. But yes, this is how you would do it. It saves nothing over just buying it in CA, though. To me, it doesn't count as a "purchase."

So, how do you really feel about California gun laws and Californians in general??? :ROFLMAO:
bob
They made me and my CA. legal firearm a felon with a stroke of a pen. You tell me how I'm supposed to feel?

The correct solution is to move out of that godawful state to a free state and make damn sure you vote the right way to keep it a free state. California is unrecoverable at this point, so the only correct solution is to GTFO.
Which is exactly what I did!

Having worked in four stores in town, I can comfortably say that he will not find a store willing to sell him a firearm at all.
Gun show ammo vendors in NV. need to start doing I.D. checks and only sell to NV. citizen only. Why should ammo vendors make a sale to someone that's trying to break the law to sneak ammo across state lines. I would have no problem showing a ammo vendor my ID! You tell me why should a vendor stick his neck out and break the law selling ammo to a OOS person?
Waiting for some BS answer!

MAC702

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
...Gun show ammo vendors in NV. need to start doing I.D. checks and only sell to NV. citizen only. Why should ammo vendors make a sale to someone that's trying to break the law to sneak ammo across state lines. I would have no problem showing a ammo vendor my ID! You tell me why should a vendor stick his neck out and break the law selling ammo to a OOS person?
Because it's not their responsibility or their problem if someone else disregards their own idiotic and ineffective emotional state laws while in another state. Screw you wanting to make such ID bull(crap) normal. Your question is BS, not the answer. The vendor is breaking no laws, and therefore not "sticking his neck out." If you have a problem standing in line for ANY goods, your problem is not with the seller, but your own unpreparedness.

What happens when the toilet paper shortage causes CA to make strict importation laws on that? Will you demand local retailers start doing ID checks for that, too? Waiting for your BS answer....

Last edited:

Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Because it's not their responsibility or their problem if someone else disregards their own state laws while in another state. Screw you wanting to make such ID bull(crap) normal. Your question is BS, not the answer. The vendor is breaking no laws, and therefore not "sticking his neck out." If you have a problem standing in line for ANY goods, your problem is not with the seller, but your own unpreparedness.

What happens when the toilet paper shortage causes CA to make strict importation laws on that? Will you demand local retailers start doing ID checks for that, too? Waiting for your BS answer....
Gun show ammo vendors in NV. need to start doing I.D. checks and only sell to NV. citizen only. Why should ammo vendors make a sale to someone that's trying to break the law to sneak ammo across state lines. I would have no problem showing a ammo vendor my ID! You tell me why should a vendor stick his neck out and break the law selling ammo to a OOS person?
Gotta give credit to MAC for answering professionally, and you're going to feel this is a BS answer but after reading your irrational rants on this forum.. you're a crybaby, and you should seek assistance. What the hell happened to you that you have so much rage? Your rage isn't so much for people not abiding by anti-freedom laws, but for people not going above and beyond (which has no merit for them to do so) to ensure people abide by anti-freedom laws! FFS..

MAC702

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Oh, and won't we have to make exceptions for out-of-state residents who are visiting for sanctioned matches? Not just people visiting relatives that want to go target shooting, of course. Exceptions only made for sanctioned matches, except I'll guess we'll also allow non-resident hunters to buy rifle ammo (soft point hunting_ammunition only) if they show their deer tag along with their ID.

Oh, (poop). Now we have to legally define a sanctioned match and come up with a proofing system. Oh, and we'll need more armed officers from one of the state agencies to make sure this is enforced. And not just at Bass Pro in the urban metropolis, either. Make sure that f'ing hardware store in Ely is toeing the line from those rebel Utahns.

Fack you.

Last edited:

secretasianman

Very Active Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I know pistols are not allowed, and those nasty black guns!
If it's a CA legal firearm (a pistol on the CA safe handgun roster or a CA legal long gun) it can be purchased and sent to your CA FFL assuming the seller wants to deal with that. If the pistol or long gun comes with standard capacity mags the selling FFL can still send it to the CA FFL without the mags.

CA buyer then does all the paperwork with the CA FFL who holds onto it for the waiting period.

**Oops I didn't see K-Rads reply.**

Last edited:

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
Gun show ammo vendors in NV. need to start doing I.D. checks and only sell to NV. citizen only. Why should ammo vendors make a sale to someone that's trying to break the law to sneak ammo across state lines. I would have no problem showing a ammo vendor my ID!
You may have physically left CA, but now you appear to be trying to bring the exact kind of BS anti-freedom CA laws into NV.

NV has enough "native" dumbasses who are willing to surrender freedoms without importing more.

You tell me why should a vendor stick his neck out and break the law selling ammo to a OOS person?
Is it against NV (or federal) law to sell ammo to someone visiting from another state? How about those ranges where tourists rent guns - are those customers supposed to bring their own ammo from home?

How about supporting the simple idea of allowing a business to sell a legal product to customers, in a way that follows the law - without demanding to see their ID?

Are you ready to show ID - maybe go through a background check and waiting period - to buy gasoline? Matches? A lighter? Those are all dangerous in the hands of arsonists. Where do you draw the line and start standing up for freedom?

Facejackets

Low Speed High Drag
They made me and my CA. legal firearm a felon with a stroke of a pen. You tell me how I'm supposed to feel?

Which is exactly what I did!

So you’re saying you want MORE gun related laws? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.