• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Best prices in Reno for shipping handguns

spinecracker

Obsessed Member
I'm looking at selling off some C&R handguns. I have previously used a an FFL in Reno to ship handguns out of state as the cost was lower and there was much less bother involved. The FFL, however, recently raised their shipping costs, and I am looking for an alternative. Any suggestions for the Reno/Carson City area?

I would check with Juggernaut Arms in Sparks. They had the best price I could find when having a gun shipped to me. I have had several guns shipped to them, but, I never had them ship one for me since I don't usually sell guns.

You don't need an FFL to ship out, only to receive. Though they make the work easier or provide boxes.

I think Juggernaut's fee for receiving was $25, can't find it on their website though.

I shipped via Juggernaut two weeks ago. Fee was $35 plus shipping, came to just over $50 total. They shipped it via USPS. I was surprised how fast it got there. Alas, it MD, my son still had to wait a week before picking up at the FFL. :(

You don't need an FFL to ship out, only to receive. Though they make the work easier or provide boxes.

I think Juggernaut's fee for receiving was $25, can't find it on their website though.
But being that these are handguns, a non-FFL has to ship overnight. A FFL holder can ship using USPS as well as FEDEX and UPS ground.

It will be cheaper to use a FFL just to save on the shipping.

NFAPRINTS

Forum Supporter
There is no requirement to ship firearms via FFL, you can ship overnight USPS or FEDEX as long as it is going to an FFL. This is only available at there Hubs, the storefronts will not accept guns for shipment. Alpha Machine Gun and Suppressor (775-410-6213) will ship handguns any were legal for $50.00 including shipping and all fees (lower 48 states) and $75.00 to Californa but of course, guns must be on the Cali approved list.ect. They will also receive Transfers including NFA items such as silencers.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
There is no requirement to ship firearms via FFL, you can ship overnight USPS or FEDEX as long as it is going to an FFL. This is only available at there Hubs, the storefronts will not accept guns for shipment. Alpha Machine Gun and Suppressor (775-410-6213) will ship handguns any were legal for $50.00 including shipping and all fees (lower 48 states) and $75.00 to Californa but of course, guns must be on the Cali approved list.ect. They will also receive Transfers including NFA items such as silencers.
The point is that ups and fedex charge an arm and a leg to ship an item overnight or second day. Frequently it costs less to pay an FFL to ship a handgun than it costs to ship it yourself via UPS or Fedex.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
I've shipped handguns USPS and FedEx and it REALLY wasnt that expensive. $35-$40?

Only time I had a buyer demand that an FFL ship it, I took it to Willey Brothers. They were helpful. I don't remember what they charged though.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I've shipped handguns USPS and FedEx and it REALLY wasnt that expensive. $35-$40?

Only time I had a buyer demand that an FFL ship it, I took it to Willey Brothers. They were helpful. I don't remember what they charged though.
Just to be sure; you shipped UPS and fedex — not USPS and fedex, right?

RobF

uber n00b
Sold a couple pistols a few years ago on gunbroker, and it cost me over a hundred bucks each to ship them via UPS overnight. If you can get an ffl to do it for $50, then that's not too bad.