AR pistol loads

AMink

uber Member
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything definitive. I'd like to build an AR pistol. I've seen the muzzle flash from shorter barreled ARs with muzzle brakes to get to 16". I've talked to LE who've seen and shot SBRs. Muzzle flash is significant.

Short of pulling the trigger on .300AAC, does anyone commercially load .223/5.56 specifically for short barrels? Is it even possible to get much less flash using faster burning powders if I were to reload?

vostegun

Forum Supporter
you may want to try researching adjustable gas block for SBRs on ar15 forums i think it would help with recoil, in conjunction with a light weight BCG and you can fine tune it to the ammo you want to load. Best of luck

Facejackets

Low Speed High Drag
Call me a skeptic, but I’d be hesitant to put an eBay special $12 part on my guns. Especially on the part that is loud and bullety.

This bread reminds me that I need to go out and try my pistol in a low light environment.

Just curious, what barrel length are you running?

jmano

uber Member
Call me a skeptic, but I’d be hesitant to put an eBay special $12 part on my guns. Especially on the part that is loud and bullety.

This bread reminds me that I need to go out and try my pistol in a low light environment.

Just curious, what barrel length are you running?
I mean it's a threaded half tube tube, not much science involved. I have expensive ones and I have cheap ones and pretty much don't see any difference. I run them on a 10.5 inch AR pistol, a 10.5 inch M92 AK and I also have one on a 9mm sub 2k.