• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone ever find out metro had their gun but didnt have it as stolen? Update: on the return waitlist

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
Got a call from ATFs tracing office yesterday about a P64 I bought on C&R that ended up in metros vault, I never sold but allowed my then-fiance to keep in her apartment for nights I was not there for her and the kids. My ex kept it after a break up, I figured she would come around and give it up eventually but something apparently happened. So i called metro and long story short proved to them i got the pistol on CR in 14 with the invoice from classic and sent my boundbook. Apparently, however, the gun is in their locker because of an incident. I have a couple questions if anyones ever been in this boat:

1. Did proving i own it and explaining I figured my ex would come around and return it (shes not listed in the event report, i shouldve reported it, did try but they cant find it so im calling it unreported, i know, no bully plz) implicate me somehow as to why they have it? Like if a crime was committed with it am I somehow now on the hook?
2. Gun Disposition said there is about a one month backlog in getting returned guns. Sound about right? Note: they cant tell me much of anything so im being a nervous wreck right now

The reason I am concerned about number 1 is the possibility of a horror story. Knowing who had it and her having had a piece of paper with my signature saying she had permission to borrow it while we were together wasnt exactly a bill of sale, was revoked when we broke up by another piece of paper but neither is in my or metro possession. If anyones a cop and can kinda help me beyond answering number 1 but off the record feel free to PM me. Anybody else, how screwed if at all am I?

Hopefully this turns out to be a feel good story at the end of the day but what happens if two people own the same gun; as in, say someone acquired this P64 and also had it go missing? Originally reported as a stolen p64 last november. I always thought she lied and kept it because a friend told me she saw it at her house after I posted the stolen watch thread on it

Attachments

Last edited:

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Unless there was criminal negligence involved in you giving it to someone whom you know is unstable or the like, I don't see any bad coming to you. It's perfectly fine to give other at-the-time-good people a firearm.

I think the worst you are facing is not enough evidence or whatever they want for them to give it back to you. You are lucky that it's a cheap gun. That drastically increases the odds you get it back.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
Thanks MAC. I think they wouldve got me by now it they wanted me. Even if not, you make a lot ot sense. Guess ill see in a month in a half.

Last edited: