Any know a good divorce lawyer?

42tula

uber Member
Hey all. Unfortunately I am looking at splitsville with the wife. Crappy way for the year to end, crappy way for the new year to start. It’s not what I want, that said...

Does anyone know of a GREAT divorce lawyer? I want to lawyer up pronto.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear this.

I'll PM you a recommendation from a trusted source when I hear back.

Try your level best to do it without lawyering up, if at all possible. I split up in 2016, and finally got around to doing the divorce paperwork in 2018, our children were all adults so there was no custody issues. We decided on how to split up stuff, I was pretty generous in order to make things go more smoothly, because in the end you'll save a lot more giving her a little more and keeping the lawyers out of it. Remind her of that, over and over. I only hired an attorney (my financial adviser actually), to write it up and submit it to the court. Divorce approved 30 days later, and this was in California where it takes 6 months as a rule. Good luck

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Well that sucks, I hope it’s civil and wish you the best. Stay Strong. We’re all here if you need anything.

doz

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Edward Kainen, but then again, everyone has an opinion on a good lawyer right?

That said, sorry you are going through it. I agree with doing it civilly if at all possible. I was able to get out without a lawyer as well and have joint custody and no child support (we pay things equally). Definitely not an easy thing to go through especially with kids (and when you did not ask for it). Cost us $300 to file and it was signed off within 10 days.

Hey all. Unfortunately I am looking at splitsville with the wife. Crappy way for the year to end, crappy way for the new year to start. It’s not what I want, that said...

Does anyone know of a GREAT divorce lawyer? I want to lawyer up pronto.
Sent you a PM

Q: Why are divorces so expensive?
A: Because they are WORTH IT!

First marriage cost me an arm and a leg in the divorce but it was totally worth it. It was rough going through it at the time, but two years later I met an amazing woman who I've been married to for seven years now, and she more than makes up for the horrible first wife.

I can recommend Anita Webster. https://anitawebster.com/ PM me if you want details on the sh*t the ex tried to pull (includes blackmail).