• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any ATV repair shops worth a recommendation?

Makulit

Very Active Member
A couple years ago, I had a friend give me a 94 Polaris 400 2stroke 4x4. It looks like a Sportsman, but all the digging on it when I first got it, said it isnt one, even though the furnature is identical. When he gave it to me, he said it needs a new radiator, but that it had ran the previous summer. It's sat since he gave it to me, so now it'll need a lot more than just a radiator. Just been too busy or too broke to get to it. Lately with all this waiting, I've been looking at it a lot more and thinking. I recently sold my motorcycle, and I thinking to put some of the money I got for the bike into getting the ATV running. Already talked the wife into it, she's happy to get rid of another non-running project. All the shops I've dealt with in the past that I'd be willing to go back to, are either closed or too busy to take on more work. So I'm looking for a new shop, preferably one that specializes in (or at least has great experience) offroad rides like ATVs or side by sides. I live on the south side, so a closer shop is nice. In the beginning I'd only want to fix the essentials. Then later rebuild it more and more. I don't trust dealers. My experiences through my motorcycle, they seem to treat warrantied bikes different from non-warrentied rides, Yes they fix it after they damage it, but I still don't like it. And since they never damaged my bikes (repeatedly) until the warranty ran out, the theory seems to fit. Here's some pics of the ride.

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Clean carb, clean plugs, fresh gas and a good battery and it should fire right up. Takes maybe an hour or so to do that.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
It shouldn’t. Some people even remove that system all together and just mix the oil with the fuel.

I had a friend give me mine. I just youtubed everything and did the work myself, clutch plates, new choke, new seat cover, new air filter, spark plug, new radiator overflow, adjusted timing, cleaned the carb and now its fast as hell ?

20190309_174133.jpg

shop at the house (back HUge shop) like eastern and warmsprings area

text and call

he did a great job in my carb/fuel pump and totally redoing my rear axle with new everything.