Another CZ...

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
On my short list. I think these are the ones that need an aftermarket steel firing pin if you actually want to do much shooting. They have a cast firing pin known to break (don't dryfire one!)

Funny timing. I held one today. It needs a new sear spring. Part is still cheap and available.

spinecracker

Obsessed Member
On my short list. I think these are the ones that need an aftermarket steel firing pin if you actually want to do much shooting. They have a cast firing pin known to break (don't dryfire one!)

Funny timing. I held one today. It needs a new sear spring. Part is still cheap and available.
You are correct regarding the firing pin. Harrington Products is the company that supplies 3 different types of firing pins for the CZ52, as well as hardened rollers, a different extractor, and even a take-down tool. Plenty of parts out there, too.

It is a good, solid firearm, and the Czechs only improved their designs over time. The CZ52 is the easiest handgun I have come across to field strip - just pull down the tabs in front part of the trigger guard and lift off the slide. Even easier than the P64 (another firearm I have a lot of time for). I'll probably be putting this one up for sale, as building up your own business costs too much bloody money lol.

I remember when these first came into USA, The gun show had crates piled high selling for $99. each & ammo was 9 cents a round. Most of them were sold quick. Once ammo dried up they started appearing on secondary market.