• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"ammo shortage"

Might as well stir the pot...I was prepared for a shift in the market place when demand increased with Covid and the unrest, would I like more?? I would.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Reminder--There-is-no-such-thing-as--price-gouging-/5-2302892/
No need to go to BARF. com for that train wreck , there was a recent thread here that was just as bad....rofl

In the BARF. com thread , I made it to where someone said :
" With critical supplies, like with the masks right now, the government's best course of action is to just seize available stocks and pay replacement price. " :rolleyes:(n)

GatorJim

Squib Saver
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Waited an hour in line at my local ammo hole for truck day this morning.
Ammo dude pokes his head out and says; "Light truck today. We got in 9 boxes of 9mm, one box of 38 SPL. Still no .40, .45, .380, .22, .223/5.56"
First 3 people in line got ammo...the rest, no soup.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Waited an hour in line at my local ammo hole for truck day this morning.
Ammo dude pokes his head out and says; "Light truck today. We got in 9 boxes of 9mm, one box of 38 SPL. Still no .40, .45, .380, .22, .223/5.56"
Then, they closed the store and listed the rest of the truck's inventory on GunBroker.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
...Ammo dude pokes his head out and says; "...We got in 9 boxes of 9mm..."
That said, if the whole line was for 9mm, and that was my store, 9 people would have gotten some ammo.

It's also odd that I've never seen a store receive less than integral case quantities for something like that.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Your friends at CTD have a grrrrrreat deal on PMC XTAC today: A box of 20rds of M855 for the low low price of $49.89 (that's ~$2.50/rd for those that learned maths via common core)

1602283297348.png

100rds of Browning 115gr FMJ 9mm for only $119.89 (shall we say $1.20 a round...definitely a bargain at that hard to beat price)

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/bro...5-grain-fmj-1190-fps/FC-AMM-1027-596-100.html

Crooked Thieving Dickbags, looking out for you in these challenging times.

Last edited:
Your friends at CTD have a grrrrrreat deal on PMC XTAC today: A box of 20rds of M855 for the low low price of $49.89 (that's ~$2.50/rd for those that learned maths via common core)

View attachment 72090

100rds of Browning 115gr FMJ 9mm for only $119.89 (shall we say $1.20 a round...definitely a bargain at that hard to beat price)

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/bro...5-grain-fmj-1190-fps/FC-AMM-1027-596-100.html

Crooked Thieving Dickbags, looking out for you in these challenging times.
If you look at wiki and other ammo sites that what it is going for at market pricing, I have tactical federal pistol ammo and that is also at $1.20 a rd $59.99 per 50, glad I don't have to buy it...and it will get worse!!

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
As an aside, a friend has green tips and is interested in a straight up trade for standard rounds. Stuff that can be shot at a metal targets without damaging them.

I gotta follow up on that one.