• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

"ammo shortage"

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
It was painful to walk away from all that brass on the ground at Front Sight. I'm sure they have a money making way of doing something with it, but they wouldn't let me pick it up. I came home and loaded a few hundred rounds just to make me feel better. It worked. :)

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
If you shoot the real rifle classes (Marksman and Precision), they look the other way on brass pickup, as long as you aren't obtrusive with it. The Precision Rifle course also officially allows handloads.

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
That's what I understand. We had 34 people in the handgun class, at 650 rounds each. 30 of them were shooting 9mm, and the range was already covered in brass when we arrived. Thats a lot of 9mm brass. We had two .45 guys, one .40 shooter, and a young lady shooting a .380. That still left nearly 20,000 pieces of brass on the ground.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Back in the day we picked up everything. Then around 9 or 10 years ago everything started to change. Oh well I defiantly benefited from the training out there. A good foundation to build on. I probably still have a few of those $100 diamond memberships laying around.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
It was painful to walk away from all that brass on the ground at Front Sight. I'm sure they have a money making way of doing something with it, but they wouldn't let me pick it up. I came home and loaded a few hundred rounds just to make me feel better. It worked. :)
I won't go to any shooting range where I'm not allowed to pick up my own property before I leave. I suppose it's not theft because you probably agree to it before going in, but still, not going along with that.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I won't go to any shooting range where I'm not allowed to pick up my own property before I leave. I suppose it's not theft because you probably agree to it before going in, but still, not going along with that.
Front Sight isn't a range, it's an assembly line. Gather a group of students, from first timers to well qualified shooters, put them together and run them through the paces.

There isn't time allowed to let everyone police their brass, specially since it's dropped in deep gravel. The classes vary from class room instruction to range time, and tightly structured time lines.

Ka Lbo

Trumpism Will Last 50 Years :-)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Give a man a 50rnd box of ammo and he’ll shoot for an hour. Teach a man to reload and he and his wife and family will shoot for a lifetime.

@littlegreenguy - that's kinda my plan for my range and desert trips for the foreseeable future.

I have plenty of 762x54r, 303 British, and 30-06, especially as my shoulder won't allow me to shoot much more than 60-80 rounds per session (and only that much if I have a heavy jacket on lol).