• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

All Terrain Tires?

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I bought the Cooper AT light truck tires when I needed new ones. Went from the 265's to 275's (OEM says 245 passenger), but I have no clearance issues. Bought mine thru Walmart and got free installation, because they weren't suppose to do it because of the differences. Just charged me for the disposal fee. I did give the guy $50 for doing it for me.

They make the AT in a passenger rated tire that would probably work well for you.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Counter guy screwed up and they installed Falkens on my truck instead. I picked it up at 6 last night and was too cold and wet to argue! :(

I'll wait and see if they work out.

@Harley The manager did say that Coopers have been delaminating lately, so maybe the store did me a favor! :unsure:

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Counter guy screwed up and they installed Falkens on my truck instead. I picked it up at 6 last night and was too cold and wet to argue! :(

I'll wait and see if they work out.

@Harley The manager did say that Coopers have been delaminating lately, so maybe the store did me a favor! :unsure:
Well maybe ya dodged a bullet then.

I drove mine for a couple days before I found it. Thought maybe I had a bad ball joint or something. Everything was fine when I checked but for those couple days every time I parked the truck the bulge was on the bottom so I never saw it right away. Luckily I caught it early rather than find out the hard way having it blow out on the highway!

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
There has been a recall on some Cooper M/Ts

SundevilSG

Minute of Barn
Forum Supporter
I love the P metric Nitto Terragrapplers on my 4runner. They came off a TRD Pro 4Runner (which is shocking to me that they were P metric, but people want a soft ride).

Quietest and softest riding AT I've ever owned, and they've performed well even on some mild rock crawling trails (Tie Rod) aired down to ~14 PSI. If I wanted a dedicated rock tire the P metric is a liability, but for you it sounds perfect.

I have E load Wildpeaks on my wife GX460 and I wouldnt buy them again. Way too stiff. But, they also seem indestructible.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2 wheel drive vehicle does not need ATs. For the little time off road your will get a much rougher ride on road. I imagine your main concern is tire failure so steel belt with a good sidewall. After that a mud/snow radial would be my choice.

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I don’t understand why people think all terrains give a bad ride on the road. Maybe you’ll notice a difference if you put them on a Cadillac but if you put them on literally anything that would see even the most minuscule benefit (read: anything other than a passenger sedan) from having them, you’re not gonna notice.

also if you think a 2wd vehicle cannot benefit from having a quality set of all terrain tires, you are silly.