Aiming down - Accuracy

EulersK

Relatively new shooter here. Finally at the point that I feel I can hold my own at the range, but as my accuracy has improved overall, I've discovered a bit of a quirk in my shooting.

When aiming slightly below the shoulder line, my accuracy is significantly better than when I'm aiming at or above the shoulder line. This is true whether I'm firing my .38 snub nose or 9mm semi, but the effect is much worse on the 9mm. Any tips or tricks I could try out to help remedy the situation?

EDIT:
If it matters, here's what I'm talking about. Target 5 is the lower, and target 3 is the shoulder line. Both are at 10yds on a 9mm.

20190305_110803.jpg 20190305_110757.jpg

Last edited:
Try this --- unload your firearm. take your normal shooting stance. One with the weapon aiming below or at shoulder height, and one with your weapon aiming above shoulder height --- You should notice a LITTLE more bounce in aim point when holding above shoulder hight ---- it takes practice to stop that bounce

Try this --- unload your firearm. take your normal shooting stance. One with the weapon aiming below or at shoulder height, and one with your weapon aiming above shoulder height --- You should notice a LITTLE more bounce in aim point when holding above shoulder hight ---- it takes practice to stop that bounce
Yeah, I definitely do see what you're talking about, but I can't quite figure out what's causing it. Kind of hard to fix if I don't know what's muddying up the shot.

Yeah, I definitely do see what you're talking about, but I can't quite figure out what's causing it. Kind of hard to fix if I don't know what's muddying up the shot.
Shoulder mussel strength ---- If you hold your arm above shoulder level it is easy to push up and down. If you hold at or below shoulder level it is harder to push down ----- What i do is hold a gallon of water in my left hand, shooting hand for me, and hold a little above shoulder level for as long as I cen. I do this while watching TV --- It fixed, as best it could, that shake for shooting ---

Shoulder mussel strength ---- If you hold your arm above shoulder level it is easy to push up and down. If you hold at or below shoulder level it is harder to push down ----- What i do is hold a gallon of water in my left hand, shooting hand for me, and hold a little above shoulder level for as long as I cen. I do this while watching TV --- It fixed, as best it could, that shake for shooting ---
Awesome, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!