• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

6" 10mm 1911 options

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I am a fan of the 10mm, can't pass up a 10mm discussion! Have at one time or another owned most of them: Dan Wesson, Glock 20, Colt Delta's, Kimber, Caspian custom, a custom Para-Ordnance steel hi-cap frame with a Caspian slide and Jim Clark ramped barrel, Springfield Armory, etc. Currently only have one and it is a 5" Kimber Stainless Target and based on it's quality and price if I were to buy a 6" that is what I would buy. Forged frame, awesome fit and finish, barrel lockup/slide/frame fit is perfect! Bomar type adjustable sight, fiber-optic front. What it doesn't have is the stupid rail on the dust cover.

BTW, I still have some boxes of original NORMA 10mm FMJ and HP stashed if you want to really blast a hog.

I'm looking for a sub premium 6" 10mm 1911 as my next purchase.
When I say "sub premium", I mean stayin out of the LB's, Wilson Combats, etc. Under $2K.

I would like it to be a possible hunting 10mm. Not really interested in any other caliber, as MHO is that the 10 rules ( I even have the T shirt ).

I"m a big fan of Dan Wessons. Currently have a CBOB 10, & VALOR 10MM.
Not really a fan of Glocks, although I have a G29 for when I'm riding my dirt bike.

So far, the top runners are ...

Dan Wesson Bruin
Kimber Stainless Target
Remington R1 Hunter
and the dark horse ...
The Rock Island Pro Ultra Match.

Any other thoughts?
Iver Johnson

terdog

uber Member
Thank X Bolt.

A few things have changed since my last post on this.

The TRP and I were getting along nicely. UNTIL I found the CMMG BANSHEE AR pistol in 10mm.

CELL PICS 025 SMALL.jpg

terdog

uber Member
So, I sold the TRP and bought the BANSHEE.

MAN! She is soo much fun and that DELAYED BOLT makes it incredibly soft shooting. My cousin & his wife visited and my woman and I took them out to the box canyon for some range time. They all shot it and everyone was amazed at how easy it was to shoot.

I'm very happy that I got this and don't really miss the TRP. Don't get me wrong, it was a good piece. But the BANSHEE brings a smile to my face just thinking of her.