Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Training & Competition > General Training & Competition Discussion

Notices

General Training & Competition Discussion Here's the place to talk about Training & Competition when it doesn't fit into the categories below!

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Las Vegan
Gettin' there

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Invictus Training Shotgun Class, Feb. 17 in Pahrump

I just signed up for the shotgun class next month with Chuck B., Saturday Feb. 17 from 1:00 pm to 6:oo pm at the Morales Gravel Pit in Pahrump, $75 class fee. The last class I took with Chuck was Vehicle Gunfighting, also at the Morales pit. If you have not had an opportunity for a live-fire class in a 360-degree shooting environment, I urge you to sign up for this class.

I've taken so many classes with Chuck that I've actually lost count, but (I believe) this will be my first shotgun class with him. The curriculum for this class includes shotgun and ammo selection, the effective range of the shotgun, patterning with buckshot, zeroing with slugs, and accessory and modification options.

I carry a Remington 870 Express Tactical on a single-point sling as part of my daily work gear, and while I have had excellent raining with it in the past, we all know that these type of skills are perishable. If you have not trained with your shotgun in the recent past, now is the time to reorient yourself to your weapon, and doing so in a highly realistic, controlled shooting environment is possibly the best way to do so.

In addition to your (preferably non-pistol-grip-only) 20 or 12 gauge shotgun with sling plus eye and ear pro, you'll also want to bring 50 rounds of bird-shot, 25 rounds of buckshot, and 10 rifled slugs. Additional details and suggested or optional equipment are discussed on his training site: http://www.invictustraining.com/Shotgun.html

Chuck is serious about training but he still manages to keep his communication style on the lighthearted side. You'll enjoy his class while taking home valuable information and a polished skill set. If you've taken similar classes with other instructors, you know what a value this class is at $75. I'm looking forward to it, and I hope to see several of you there as well.
Las Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote