Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armed Citizen > Open Carry & Concealed Carry

Notices

User Tag List

Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
tingle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CCW renewal Question

I stopped off at Cameron st. to renew my ccw today and had to run back home to get proof of citizenship. I didn't see any mention of proof of citizenship on LVMPD website for CCW; I can't remember if I had to show it last time.

If proof is necessary to get a CCW why wouldn't my existing license be proof enough for renewal?
tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
REYES
Official Chat Whore

Quote:
2. RENEWAL APPLICATION

A. Training
1. Applicant must complete a Basic Firearms Course approved by the Sheriff and taught by a certified instructor
who is authorized to provide this service. If there is a question about the course eligibility, contact LVMPD

CCW Detail
B. Completion of Application
1. Complete application as stated above.

C. Fees
1. A non-refundable fingerprint and investigation processing fee of $65.25 is required at the time of renewal
application. This fee MUST be in the form of a money order or cashier's check made payable to LVMPD.
CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

D. Time Limit
1. If a permittee fails to renew by the expiration date, the renewal fee will include an additional $15
non-refundable late fee. This fee can be included with the $65.25 renewal fee for a total fee of $80.25 ( MUST
be in the form of a money order or cashier's check made payable to LVMPD.) CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2. If a permit has expired more than 120 days, which is the NRS time allotment to issue a permit to an applicant,
the application for renewal shall be treated as an initial application and shall include application fees of
$100.25.
LVMPD 332

3. ADDITIONAL FEES
A. Duplicate Permit
1. A non-refundable $15 fee (MUST be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check) is required to replace a lost,
stolen or destroyed permit. A police report must also be filed.
B. Change of Name or Firearm(s)
1. A non-refundable $25 fee (MUST be in the form of a money order or cashier’s check) is required to change your
name or firearm(s) on the permit.

4. ELIGIBILITY
A. You are not eligible for a permit to carry a concealed firearm if any of the following apply to you:
1. If you are not at least 21 years of age.
2. If you do not provide the required documentation to demonstrate competence with a firearm.
3. If you are a fugitive from justice.
4. If you have been judicially declared mentally incompetent or insane.
5. If you have been admitted to a mental health facility.
6. If you have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that your normal
faculties are impaired.
7. If you have been convicted of a crime involving the use, or threatened use, of force or violence, including
misdemeanors, within the last 3 years.
8. If you have been convicted of a felony.
9. If you have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or you are currently subject to a
restraining order or other order for protection against violence.
10. If you are currently on parole or probation.
11. If you have been, within the preceding 5 years, subject to any requirements imposed by a court as a condition to:
a. Withholding the entry of judgement for your conviction of a felony, or
b. Suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony, or
c. Indictment by a Grand Jury.
12. If you have made a false statement on any application.
13. If you were dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
14. If you are not lawfully admitted into the United States.
15. If you are prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law; county and city ordinances.
16. If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien.

5. ISSUANCE OF PERMIT
Allow 120 days for the issuance of your permit. This applies to initial and renewal permit applications. Upon approval your
permit will be mailed to you. If your application is denied, you will receive written notification setting forth the reasons for the
denial. If your application is denied, you may seek judicial review of the denial by filing a petition in District Court.

6. CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Under the Concealed Firearms law, you are required to notify this office, in writing, within 30 days if you change your
address. You will be subjected to a $25 penalty if you fail to do so.

7. CARRYING OF PERMIT
Your concealed firearms permit is good throughout the State of Nevada. For specific prohibited locations, refer to Nevada
Revised Statutes 202.3673. When you are in possession of a concealed firearm you must carry the permit, your drivers
license or state identification card. Both the permit and proper identification must be presented if requested by a peace officer.
This was taken directly from the CCW app off the Renewal section.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
tingle

Many thanks I should have dug deeper

However it doesn't say you must bring proof. It's the same requirement to buy and register the gun but I have never been asked to show proof of citizenship to buy a gun-or five guns.

Last edited by tingle; 08-07-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: wasn't done
Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
calmp9
Very Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingle View Post
I stopped off at Cameron st. to renew my ccw today and had to run back home to get proof of citizenship. I didn't see any mention of proof of citizenship on LVMPD website for CCW; I can't remember if I had to show it last time.

If proof is necessary to get a CCW why wouldn't my existing license be proof enough for renewal?
That's all I needed to apply in Washoe County. Did you have any problems?
calmp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
tingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
That's all I needed to apply in Washoe County. Did you have any problems?
No problem after I drove back home and picked up proof of citizenship. The lady informed me that proof would be needed each time the CCW was renewed.

I just wondered if anyone else was asked for proof. As I posted earlier I have never been asked for proof when buying a firearm so why for CCW? Maybe the difference between FED and State requirements?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
calmp9
Very Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingle View Post
No problem after I drove back home and picked up proof of citizenship. The lady informed me that proof would be needed each time the CCW was renewed.

I just wondered if anyone else was asked for proof. As I posted earlier I have never been asked for proof when buying a firearm so why for CCW? Maybe the difference between FED and State requirements?
I asked the guys that I know who have Nevada permits and they were not asked to provide proof of citizenship either. All of them are from Northern Nevada, either Washoe or Douglas County.
calmp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
tingle

It's possibly that FBI file they won't admit they have on me.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
carbofan21
Gangmember

next they'll start asking for a stool sample. anything to make it more of a PITA to get your permit. hours mon-fri 8am-3pm (excluding holidays). money order or cashier's check only - cash and credit cards not accepted....

i think i had to make 3 trips to get my initial permit, which basically required an entire day off work. when i finally had everything in hand, it was a 2 hour wait to get fingerprinted, and almost 2 more hours out the door.
carbofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
Sabotage70
Red Dragons!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbofan21 View Post
next they'll start asking for a stool sample. anything to make it more of a PITA to get your permit. hours mon-fri 8am-3pm (excluding holidays). money order or cashier's check only - cash and credit cards not accepted....

i think i had to make 3 trips to get my initial permit, which basically required an entire day off work. when i finally had everything in hand, it was a 2 hour wait to get fingerprinted, and almost 2 more hours out the door.
Damn, I think I was in and out in about 40 mins for my finger printing. Went in after work one day.

The few times I've been in there the scenery wasn't to bad. Females in there with her a$$ hanging out and stuff like that.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #10
carbofan21
Gangmember

that's true! i remember there were half a dozen hotties in there that day. apparently the strippers have to go in there for some kind of health card or work permit, something like that.
carbofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote