Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Californians Flee to Nevada to Escape Housing Costs, Traffic. NO!!!

Can we draft an entrance exam for anyone coming into Nevada who holds a California drivers license?

Deny the libs, welcome the diehard 2A loving conservatives?!!

This article from the LA Times and carried by the LV Sun says they're fleeing the state because they're being priced out and are sick of sitting in traffic. Sadly the article seems to be quoting only extreme liberals who've moved to Nevada from the Kommie state, one being a Hitlery campaign worker.

We have a serious problem here and need to find a solution. Entrance exam gets my vote! How about if we draft a flyer that goes to each new resident that explains we're a 2nd Amendment state so their neighbors and everyone in a car is probably carrying a GUN so they need to LEAVE before they get into an argument with one of us? We need to find a way to indoctrinate these people before they do more damage to our culture.

Seriously. Shall we start a billboard campaign?

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/de...as-to-find-th/

Ron_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
doz
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

We are already being overrun and it will just continue. I've said it before and I will say it again... It is time for us all to cash out and run within 5 years. There is nothing we can do about this state as the poison will continue to flow. I was born here.... I remember hunting with my dad where 2-15 south now runs.... I really love this city, but not what it is becoming.

If you believe in cashing out and moving, the market is going to get hot (it is already heating up). All these Kalifornians are coming here for lower prices but even if our prices jumped 50% tomorrow, it is still cheaper than there plus commutes are much better.

We can surely put up a fight, but in the end, we are fighting a losing battle. You cannot battle numbers and the amount of extreme liberals coming from Kommifornia is going to be far too much.
doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
icode
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I read that article a few days ago, it made me sick then and it makes me sick to think about it now. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to stem the tide. The same thing is happening to Arizona, but I think they had a much larger conservative base so the affects aren't as readily seen. It is very sad
Democracy will continue until voters discover that they can vote generous gifts from the public treasury. [Then] the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits .... then every democracy will finally collapse, which is always followed by a dictatorship. - A. Tytler

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - J. Adams

If abortions were performed with guns Liberals would be pro-life.
icode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
Lrh502
uber Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was born and raised in kalifornee-specifically Hollywood L.A.! I made my exfiltration in '06 to get away from the kalifornee bull**** and to BE A NEVADAN. Problem is most of the kali escapees want kali style government but bitch about rising taxes-DUH YOU RETARDS-GO THE HELL BACK IF YOU WANT KALI NANNY STATE BULL****! Rant mode off.
Lrh502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
We are already being overrun and it will just continue. I've said it before and I will say it again... It is time for us all to cash out and run within 5 years. There is nothing we can do about this state as the poison will continue to flow. I was born here.... I remember hunting with my dad where 2-15 south now runs.... I really love this city, but not what it is becoming.

If you believe in cashing out and moving, the market is going to get hot (it is already heating up). All these Kalifornians are coming here for lower prices but even if our prices jumped 50% tomorrow, it is still cheaper than there plus commutes are much better.

We can surely put up a fight, but in the end, we are fighting a losing battle. You cannot battle numbers and the amount of extreme liberals coming from Kommifornia is going to be far too much.
I'm already on the bus out of town. Been looking at country properties in six states for the past few months now. Been missing the hunting and fishing that I grew up with.

Honestly if the funds were in place I'd suggest a bit of a reverse psychology campaign, directed toward gun owners in Kommifornia while trying to scare the libs into living somewhere else.

Post billboards around Kommifornia in an effort to ATTRACT gun owners and stack the deck here, if we accept that Kommifornians are coming anyway.

GUN OWNERS! Your guns are WELCOME in Nevada! COME SEE US!
** Open Carry
** CCW's for Everyone
** Carry in Your Car
** No Mag Restrictions
** Assault Rifles WELCOME
(The rest of you should move to OREGON)
As much as I hate to refer to semi-autos as 'assault weapons', the message makes the point clear. Gun owners will genuinely adhere to the message, they've been pushed beyond reason. The snowflakes will go elsewhere.
Of course the 'CCW's for Everyone' statement is a stretch but why not?!! It may also serve to start a dialog in Kommifornia itself, especially if their goal is to GET RID OF their gun owners!
Shall we start a GoFundMe billboard campaign?
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icode View Post
I read that article a few days ago, it made me sick then and it makes me sick to think about it now. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to stem the tide. The same thing is happening to Arizona, but I think they had a much larger conservative base so the affects aren't as readily seen. It is very sad
Yes it's been happening for a couple of decades. I grew up in Washington State and up there they developed a hatred for Californians but for different reasons, because they drove the housing prices up so rapidly. No one could afford a home. Now the Seattle area is out of control from a housing perspective.

They quickly changed Colorado culture back in the days of John Denver's romancing of Colorado's 'Rocky Mountain High'. Idaho had similar problems, housing and politics.

You can't blame Kommifornians for wanting to take their marbles to flee their state, but let's see if we can attract the ones that are friendlier to our culture.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
pooty
uber Member

Old 12-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #8
Thelittlegreenguy
Obsessed Member

I had left California twice, I was a native born and bred, I left just after college to Austin Texas, I still like Texas, Austin was ok in the 1980's I don't know about now.. I moved back to California when my mother got sick to help family in 1989, met my wife there, Left with my wife and kids in 1994 for Las Vegas, left Las Vegas in 2012, by then I had had enough, I saw the signs.. the people moving out of California now, most of them are not Native to California.. they are the people who moved there from other Democratic holdings that had been screwed up by Democratic policies... NOW they have ruined Nevada for people who moved there to get away from the mess they caused in Ca. now its following like a damm plague of locusts. They move to a nice area or state, that is nice because of people who believe in freedom, the constitution, the 2a, God and country... they know its the best kind of place to live, then they arrive and F* it all up just like the place they left, then they complain and move again... you just can't get away from it..... I have been in Arizona for over 5 years now.. where I live its still great, but Phoenix... whew its like Las Vegas x10 and just about as bad as Los Angeles, but not quite... I am thinking in the next 3 years maybe Texas again but not Austin, plenty of places there just avoid Dallas, Houston, El Paso and Austin... too big and noisy for me, plenty of small towns with lots of land, air to breathe and FREEDON
"We are future memories. When our flesh is dust and our dreams faded we will be ghosts living in a land of legends, made real only by the memories of others. What we take with us into that realm of the dead, what we are remembered for, that will be the truth of our lives. "
Thelittlegreenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #9
Indigenous Irregular

I moved here from California where I was born and raised. San Diego specifically.

Not happy about it and really want to move back to Alaska because the moose hunting really lacks here in Nevada and in some communities of Alaska the wolves keep the riffraff off the streets at night.

I would like to suggest that keeping Californians out of Nevada might be going about things the wrong way. It would be better if more people from other states moved to California and showed up at UC Berkley feminism and gender studies classes wearing NRA-ILA T-shirts.

Its all about the liberal ethos of tolerance and acceptance of diversity and cultural heritage. Let us share our 2A heritage and expect them to be tolerant.
Indigenous Irregular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 AM   #10
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigenous Irregular View Post
I moved here from California where I was born and raised. San Diego specifically.

Not happy about it and really want to move back to Alaska because the moose hunting really lacks here in Nevada and in some communities of Alaska the wolves keep the riffraff off the streets at night.

I would like to suggest that keeping Californians out of Nevada might be going about things the wrong way. It would be better if more people from other states moved to California and showed up at UC Berkley feminism and gender studies classes wearing NRA-ILA T-shirts.

Its all about the liberal ethos of tolerance and acceptance of diversity and cultural heritage. Let us share our 2A heritage and expect them to be tolerant.
How about if we charter a busload over and show up at different campuses wearing said attire while also open-carrying realistic looking Airsoft guns? Have they outlawed carrying toy guns over there yet? Great for a YouTube documentary, it'd go viral.

Creating that kind of ruckus might even be more fun than hitting the slopes for a day!