Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2017, 01:57 AM   #11
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icode View Post
I read that article a few days ago, it made me sick then and it makes me sick to think about it now. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to stem the tide. The same thing is happening to Arizona, but I think they had a much larger conservative base so the affects aren't as readily seen. It is very sad
I don't know, maybe we can shape and direct the tide.

Take the billboard above and add,

** Worst Schools in America
** High Crime Rates
** Corrupt Politicians

Then again they may still think they're in Kommiefornia with those adds!

Seriously, what current or prospective future parent would think this was the place to raise your children? Gambling? High crime? Bad schools? Never mind that places like Henderson have some of the LOWEST crime rates in the nation, we don't have to tell them that...
Ron_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #12
Mr. B
uber Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Smart people will know that if you are fleeing from something, you don't want to bring with you the very thing that you are fleeing from.

As a recent refugee from the failed state of California, I know why I left, and I don't want my new home to become like the place I couldn't stand to stay in.
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:24 AM   #13
Ron_O
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
Smart people will know that if you are fleeing from something, you don't want to bring with you the very thing that you are fleeing from.

As a recent refugee from the failed state of California, I know why I left, and I don't want my new home to become like the place I couldn't stand to stay in.
You know, it's interesting that you say that. Some people think like you, recognizing the ISSUES that repulsed them, but others simply move out of economics.

When I lived in rural Northern California I had friends who moved up from the SF Bay area, many of whom were current CHP officers (co-workers who followed their friends). They made SO MUCH MONEY by selling their homes that they used it to move to cheaper areas to live while still keeping their jobs.

Example. One of our friends said they told their realtor, after receiving an offer on their home, that unless they CLEARED $1 million on their home, after realtor fees, they weren't going to sell.

They sold, moved to our county, paid cash to buy or build an estate home on acreage, and still had more than half a million in the bank.

Those same folks are moving all over the west, cashing in for a better lifestyle. My friends up north held onto their jobs and just transferred to another department so they sacrificed very little otherwise. Many of them just sell and retire, get a job transfer to another area or state, or start another business in another state (or continue with their last).

So some people simply pay themselves to move rather than wait for retirement. Others move because they're priced out of buying a home or are sick of sitting in traffic. Those people tend to take their culture and political views with them.

I lived in rural areas of California, in fact the two most gun friendly counties in the state, and even then the political and economic culture sickened me and I had to move away. I moved there in 1980 and moved to outside Yellowstone Park eight years later, swearing I'd never move back. But my wife missed her family and after a couple of years back we went. If not for the kids I'd have just divorced and stayed in Wyoming.

The rural counties can be pretty good to live in but when it comes to statewide policy the heavily populated areas make the rules and EVERYONE pays the price. The overregulation is rampant but the sheep don't care because they just collect a paycheck and head home in traffic. As a business owner I had a much different view of living there.

But let me add something critical. I was a contractor in California in a highly regulated industry. When I moved to Wyoming I went in to the County Planning Office to see what the building climate was like. I asked the guy in charge how many homes were under construction in the county.

His answer? "I don't know, but I think there are four". I asked why he didn't know, couldn't he just pull the building permits? He responded that building permits were a new thing and that some of the guys just didn't bother to come in and get them, so I asked how much they COST. He said they were FREE but the guys felt it was a waste of their time to come in.

I'd never heard of FREE building permits!

So I asked about building codes. He said there were NO building codes, other than a statewide plumbing and electrical code that builders were supposed to follow, but that there were NO INSPECTIONS to know if they actually did.

As a former Californian I was a bit stunned, and immediately felt for the safety of home buyers who had no idea what they were buying into, understanding the dangers of shoddy design and workmanship! That's when I realized that I'd been programmed by the nanny state culture of 'government protecting us'. That left me with a feeling of huge void while trying to process that type of freedom and liberty!

The fact was that people there bought homes based on the BUILDER'S REPUTATION, not county and state codes. You could literally dig a hole in the side of a cliff and put a wall with windows up and call it a home. The same is still true in a lot of counties in western states.

So my point is that the Cali culture was imbedded in me without me even realizing it. I instinctively felt compelled to implement it into the liberty loving Wyoming culture. I realized what I was feeling and had to really examine my thoughts and beliefs as a result of it. And that was after only eight years in California, having moved there as a young adult.

The culture and mindset is imbedded. I'm always shocked when I drive down there and see how incredibly rude and disrespectful the drivers are, obviously never fearing being held accountable, unaware that the driver they're messing with has what they'd deem an 'assault shotgun and ammo' openly available within arms reach of my driving position. There are so few armed drivers in Cali that they have no thought as to who they're dealing with.

So I hesitate to invite even California gun owners up here, though it could indeed have a positive affect since they've lived under true 2A oppression.
Ron_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:47 AM   #14
teammazza
shooter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Conservatives need to stop running. I have family in Texas and that state is going left also from all the transplants from the east coast and the immigration problems. I've lived in Vegas for 27 years and I will stand and fight. Don't forget we have term limits in this state and the state legislature meets every other year. Those are 2 very important factors to keeping our freedom.
teammazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 AM   #15
stoneez
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_O View Post
I'm already on the bus out of town. Been looking at country properties in six states for the past few months now. Been missing the hunting and fishing that I grew up with.

Honestly if the funds were in place I'd suggest a bit of a reverse psychology campaign, directed toward gun owners in Kommifornia while trying to scare the libs into living somewhere else.

Post billboards around Kommifornia in an effort to ATTRACT gun owners and stack the deck here, if we accept that Kommifornians are coming anyway.

GUN OWNERS! Your guns are WELCOME in Nevada! COME SEE US!
** Open Carry
** CCW's for Everyone
** Carry in Your Car
** No Mag Restrictions
** Assault Rifles WELCOME
(The rest of you should move to OREGON)
As much as I hate to refer to semi-autos as 'assault weapons', the message makes the point clear. Gun owners will genuinely adhere to the message, they've been pushed beyond reason. The snowflakes will go elsewhere.
Of course the 'CCW's for Everyone' statement is a stretch but why not?!! It may also serve to start a dialog in Kommifornia itself, especially if their goal is to GET RID OF their gun owners!
Shall we start a GoFundMe billboard campaign?

I got a couple of bucks on that.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #16
Indigenous Irregular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
How about if we charter a busload over and show up at different campuses wearing said attire while also open-carrying realistic looking Airsoft guns?

No Airsoft.

I thought about something that does not use a self contained cartridge.

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...ige-an-ix.html
Indigenous Irregular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #17
Pale Rider
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Can we draft an entrance exam for anyone coming into Nevada who holds a California drivers license?

Deny the libs, welcome the diehard 2A loving conservatives?!!

This article from the LA Times and carried by the LV Sun says they're fleeing the state because they're being priced out and are sick of sitting in traffic. Sadly the article seems to be quoting only extreme liberals who've moved to Nevada from the Kommie state, one being a Hitlery campaign worker.

We have a serious problem here and need to find a solution. Entrance exam gets my vote! How about if we draft a flyer that goes to each new resident that explains we're a 2nd Amendment state so their neighbors and everyone in a car is probably carrying a GUN so they need to LEAVE before they get into an argument with one of us? We need to find a way to indoctrinate these people before they do more damage to our culture.

Seriously. Shall we start a billboard campaign?

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/de...as-to-find-th/

While the article may be new, it's easily about 15-20 years behind the curve. The change I experienced from the late 90's as a spring break/vacation visitor, then 2002 until 2015 as a full-time resident, was not for the best. Between the housing bubble burst and the constant influx of trash and anti-freedom loving newcomers, makes me glad I left when I did. The town has so much potential if it could just purge that influx, and with these fires burning in Cali, expect more unfriendly's with their way of thinking on and off the strip permanently.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #18
Felid'Maximus
Beware of Cat

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
How about if we charter a busload over and show up at different campuses wearing said attire while also open-carrying realistic looking Airsoft guns? Have they outlawed carrying toy guns over there yet? Great for a YouTube documentary, it'd go viral.

Creating that kind of ruckus might even be more fun than hitting the slopes for a day!

Outlawed carrying toy guns? You betcha. They made open carrying an "imitation firearm" illegal before they banned carrying a real firearm.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...tation+firearm
Felid'Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #19
Dusty
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammazza View Post
Conservatives need to stop running. I have family in Texas and that state is going left also from all the transplants from the east coast and the immigration problems. I've lived in Vegas for 27 years and I will stand and fight. Don't forget we have term limits in this state and the state legislature meets every other year. Those are 2 very important factors to keeping our freedom.
I would like to see a electoral collage type state elections/voting take place here as well. So the rural County's have a voice here. Not Just Vegas and Reno.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #20
jfrey123
I aim to misbehave...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default Californians Flee to Nevada to Escape Housing Costs, Traffic. NO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammazza View Post

A few of the democrats in office are making noise in a couple recent articles about the two year legislative session. They claim it's too hard to find work outside the legislature because of the duties every two years, so they want to be paid a full salary and legislate year round. Just like, you guess it, CALIFORNIA!