Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Hand Guns

Notices

Hand Guns Semi-autos, revolvers...post it here.

User Tag List

Old 12-07-2017, 02:49 AM   #1
terdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Kimber micro 9 ct lg $589.99 !!!

Came home to the new CABELAS flyer. Thumbing through and it doesn't take long to find that they have my KIMBER MICRO DESERT TAN CT LG on sale ... for $50 less than I paid 3 weeks ago!

That a smokin deal on what I feel is 1 of the best CCW pistols around. YMMV

And for some icing on that cake, I called CABELAS and they told me to bring in my receipt and they will give me the difference on a gift card.

Heres a vid on said firearm. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXumr3YEglk
terdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Ricci

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey, I'm sold. I'll take it! That would be our 4th Kimber.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #3
sbubrick
Obsessed Member

I saw the desert tan at Shot last January, it was Kimber's Show Special. It came with standard and extended magazine and Crimson Trace laser grip. I ordered it from The Smith's in Henderson. I was told to expect it sometime in 2018. That he was still waiting for things ordered a year prior. It came in 10 days later. Thats about the price I paid for mine. I love the gun, have not had a problem.
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
Teresa
uber Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdog View Post
Came home to the new CABELAS flyer. Thumbing through and it doesn't take long to find that they have my KIMBER MICRO DESERT TAN CT LG on sale ... for $50 less than I paid 3 weeks ago!

That a smokin deal on what I feel is 1 of the best CCW pistols around. YMMV

And for some icing on that cake, I called CABELAS and they told me to bring in my receipt and they will give me the difference on a gift card.

Heres a vid on said firearm. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXumr3YEglk
Sweet!!! I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present! Have u ever played with the Kimberling solo, how do u compare them?
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
sbubrick
Obsessed Member

I have a Kimber Solo CDP LG also. I'm on my second one. The first one was sent back to Kimber 3 times. The third time after a month at there repair facility they called and offered a replacement of anything in the Kimber line of the same value. I have several Kimber's and a slew of mags for the Solo so I elected another Solo. I received a new Solo CDP LG a week later and it has been perfect , no problems or complaints. This was a couple of years ago, and have approximately 350 rounds through it. It has been a safe queen, but I take it to the range.

I also have Sigs 938 and 238 in the Equinox platform, both of these have been flawless .

The Solo received a bad rap all around the first few years of it's life, I think Kimber has fixed the problems with the gun. Kimber discontinued (stoped manufacturing)the gun last year.......
Old 12-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
sbubrick
Obsessed Member

I am looking forward to attending Shot Show again in January. As always I will be stopping by the Kimber display for there new offerings...
Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
Ricci

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
I have a Kimber Solo CDP LG also. I'm on my second one. The first one was sent back to Kimber 3 times. The third time after a month at there repair facility they called and offered a replacement of anything in the Kimber line of the same value. I have several Kimber's and a slew of mags for the Solo so I elected another Solo. I received a new Solo CDP LG a week later and it has been perfect , no problems or complaints. This was a couple of years ago, and have approximately 350 rounds through it. It has been a safe queen, but I take it to the range.

I also have Sigs 938 and 238 in the Equinox platform, both of these have been flawless .

The Solo received a bad rap all around the first few years of it's life, I think Kimber has fixed the problems with the gun. Kimber discontinued (stoped manufacturing)the gun last year.......
Glad your Sigs have been trouble free. Had some pretty significant issues with mine and Sig send it back much improved. I absolutely love the pistol, the platform and it's just plain fun to shoot. I wish I could get a 938 as I shot one at Pinenut range this summer from a nice gentleman that insisted I do so. It was also an Equinox-handsome gun.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #8
terdog

Sorry Teresa, no time with the Solo.

My KIbers have been limited to the TWO TONE PRO, 2 CDP'S and a couple of MICRO 9'S.

If anyone wants a test session, I can probably help out.
terdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:45 AM   #9
Teresa
uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terdog View Post
Sorry Teresa, no time with the Solo.

My KIbers have been limited to the TWO TONE PRO, 2 CDP'S and a couple of MICRO 9'S.

If anyone wants a test session, I can probably help out.
Thanks, some interesting feedback here, love my Sigs, so was thinking possibly as Sig P290RS or Kimber Solo/micro.
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:56 AM   #10
sbubrick
Obsessed Member

I would advise to go with the Micro over the Solo. Kimber suggests replacing the springs in the Solo about every 1000 rounds. The Solo has been discontinued, how long parts will be available has not been determined.

I like both guns and have no intention of selling either ........