Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Firearm Accessories & Gear

Notices

Firearm Accessories & Gear A place to discuss accessories such as flashlights, holsters, belts, mag pouches, range bags, pepper spray, "tacticool" gear, and more.

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #21
LongRange
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

so this was right as the sun started to come up this morning...mountains are 7-10 miles id guess...

45x power...

15x power...

this is a really bad pic at 100yds...i measured out 4 lines at 3.6" and the reticle lined up exactly...like i say this is a really bad pic because when looking through the scope its crystal clear...

so the knob/dial closest to the body is the power...the second one back is just the index for the power and is stationary...3rd dial is the focus 4th is the reticle focus...like i said its set up kinda odd or seems odd after using a vortex for so long but after about 5mins playing this morning in the field i was pretty comfortable with the adjustments and hand placement....

i paid $520 bucks for this scope and am very happy with it at this point...i dont see much(if any)difference between it and the $850 dollar vortex viper HD i have so IMHO the bushnell is the better of the two because it has a FFP mil reticle,is about $400 bucks cheaper(if you look around i think you can find one for about $450)and has the same warranty....even if the glass is a tiny bit better on the vortex i still think the bushnell is the better deal.

the difference might be if you were sitting glassing for hours but personally if i were doing that id pay the big money for some real high end jap or euro glass.

forgot to add...the focus is VERY fast and does not have a fine tune like the vortex does so it also takes i few minutes to get use to...the dials are firm but very smooth and you can make adjustments without disturbing the scope much and i imagine with a higher end weighted tripod it would be even better.
the scope comes with a pretty nice padded nylon cover and a carry strap...i dont care for the covers as they always seem to be in the way.
LongRange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #22
4x4Brit
#pro

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Nice write up, thanks. Spotting scope is one item I don't have in decent quality. Having a mil reticle would be handy as anyone I shoot with has a mil reticles also. I may have missed this but did you buy locally?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #23
LongRange
Obsessed Member

no i got it and most of the optics i buy from the guys over at bear basin outfitters in concord...you can find them for about $450 if you check around.
and like i said earlier in the thread i looked around and made a few calls about mil reticle spotters and one of the techs at vortex told me about the bushnell saying it was a fantastic spotter...he was right.

us optics makes a spotter i was looking at as well but i didnt want to spend $1000 bucks on something i dont use that much...if your looking for a spotter with a mil reticle im pretty sure youd be real happy with the bushnell...if looking for something a little more high end look at the US optics and the leupold mark 4 tactical.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 PM   #24
Rangemaster
Step Back Behind The Line

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Here is a pic of mine looking through a Vortex Razor with a Mil dot fix wide angle lens.

Rangemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #25
LongRange
Obsessed Member

Default Ranging reticle spotting scopes?

If I had a razor ida bought the eye piece...I think optics planet has a few left but vortex don't make them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #26
4x4Brit
#pro

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
no i got it and most of the optics i buy from the guys over at bear basin outfitters in concord...you can find them for about $450 if you check around.
and like i said earlier in the thread i looked around and made a few calls about mil reticle spotters and one of the techs at vortex told me about the bushnell saying it was a fantastic spotter...he was right.

us optics makes a spotter i was looking at as well but i didnt want to spend $1000 bucks on something i dont use that much...if your looking for a spotter with a mil reticle im pretty sure youd be real happy with the bushnell...if looking for something a little more high end look at the US optics and the leupold mark 4 tactical.
Bringing this one back; what is the furthest you been able to make out bullet holes in paper on the Bushnell?
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #27
LongRange
Obsessed Member

i dont shoot paper past a 100 yards...that said the bushnell is a great(for the price)spotter for steel and ranging misses and targets but if your looking for a spotter that can pick up bullet holes in paper at long-er distances or if your going to be glassing for hours(like hunting)there are better scopes...i can clearly see impacts on steel at 850yds.

dont get me wrong i really like my bushnell but i bought it because it has a reticle in it not so much because it has high end glass.