Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 09-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #1
Idaho Shooter
uber Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone own a 2017 RAM 2500 Cummins?

I'm looking at buying one. Anyone owners here that can speak rear world experience with theirs?
Idaho Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
stoneez
Obsessed Member

I have a buddy that has the 16 3500. It's an amazing truck and i wasn't a cheap sob I'd buy one myself. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but hope it helps.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Idaho Shooter
uber Member

Still good feedback. Not a lot of difference between the trucks.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Ricci

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My friend just bought the 6.4L gas engine Laramie IIRC. Monster of a truck and nicely optioned. He bought the gas version because not known to many they lifetime warranty that truck including electrical for $5K. He said they did not offer that kind of warranty on the diesel. He paid between $65-70K for it. I could not see over the hood of that truck when parking but it has cameras front and rear so the days of getting out and physically checking your clearance are over for him. For $1400 he also added the automatic steps that lower and retract so you can get in the dang thing it's so high.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
gd-bh
uber n00b

I've got a 2012 cummins 2500. It's a very nice truck, and miles ahead of the POS 04 chevy duramax it replaced. Fuel mileage is a bit lower than the newer ones, but it doesn't have the panther-pee injector system either. I believe the interior is a bit nicer on the newer ones too.

The longest warranty you could get from them when I bought mine on a diesel was 8 years, which is what I did. So far, all I've done is normal maintenance. You can also buy a dodge oil change maintenance contract which brings the cost of an oil change down considerably.
gd-bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
Idaho Shooter
uber Member

They have the 2017s marked down to a price that I can stomach. I am in need for an upgraded towing rig from my 2000 Excursion 7.3L. I have no brand loyalty so the lowest price wins and that happens to be Ram right now.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #7
gd-bh
uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Shooter View Post
They have the 2017s marked down to a price that I can stomach. I am in need for an upgraded towing rig from my 2000 Excursion 7.3L. I have no brand loyalty so the lowest price wins and that happens to be Ram right now.

Thanks for the feedback.
I believe your excursion has the 7.3l ford in it, and that's well respected. But I bet the first time you hook your trailer up to the Ram, you'll be very pleasantly surprised. It was like night and day towing between my duramax and the cummins. Good luck.
gd-bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
turbobrick

Default Anyone own a 2017 RAM 2500 Cummins?

My Ram Cummins is older, 2008. But I love it, best truck I've ever owned. The 6.7 is a monster, add in the factory exhaust brake and the trusty straight front axle, and there isn't anything else on the market that compares, for my tastes anyway. I wish I could afford a newer one, mine is at 280k and still rocking.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:46 AM   #9
freefinally!
uber n00b

I have a 2015 crew cab. Love the truck and Ive had zero issues with it. I paid 40k new.
freefinally! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:18 AM   #10
Warboar
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a 2015 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 2500 with the 6.7L Cummins. Great truck so far. Turned 40,000 miles last week. On the freeway empty I can get 20 mpg at 80mph. Several trips back and forth to LA on a single tank of fuel (30 gal tank). Towing my father's 32' travel trailer it averaged 14. It has a 3.41 gear ratio that seems a bit high geared. It tows fine don't get me wrong but I was used to my 99 Cummins with the 3.73 ratio. The newer truck has quite a bit more power and torque compared to my older truck.
Warboar is offline   Reply With Quote