Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Curios & Relics

Notices

Curios & Relics 50+ years old, historically significant, or collector's firearms

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default P64 for your perusal....

Things are a little slow in this part of the forum, so time to get things moving again - 1969 manufacture Polish P64, came with 2 magazines with 1 of the magazines with a matching serial number, as well as a holster and a cleaning rod/tool/thingie. Only very light holster wear on the gun, and a nice shiny bore. Just hope it shoots as well as the 1 I had a few years ago - that gun was fun to shoot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1199.jpg (96.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1200.jpg (81.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1201.jpg (57.6 KB, 19 views)
spinecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:33 AM   #2
linny
Beast

Is this the one for sale on Reno Armslist?
linny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

There have been 2 recently on armslist. This was one of then. The other one just comes with 2 boxes of ammo, no holster, spare magazine or cleaning rod (I forgot to mention mine came with ammo, too). The seller of the P64 currently on armslist gave me the run around regarding another firearm he had for sale on armslist (was arranging to meet him to buy a rifle, and then he sold it to someone else and didn't bother to tell me - what happened to common courtesy??).
Old 06-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
linny
Beast

Armslist is kind of hit or miss these days. Mostly you have people selling overpriced junk, but you can still find deals if you move fast.

I got a Bulgarian Makarov for $180 on there, so the deals can still be had if you look.
linny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

Very true. I know that the P64s currently being sold by Classic Arms only come with 2 magazines and are $295 for hand select and with shipping (I do not trust Classic's definition of hand select). I prefer to buy my C&R firearms locally, as I can inspect them personally. Been bitten by purchases from Classic and from online auction websites before.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

Broke the camera out, thought I'd add some more photos:

Disassembly for cleaning is a doddle - just pull down on the trigger guard and move it to 1 side, then pull the slide back and lift. I can disassemble and reassemble the P64 in about 10 seconds (when I am not being hamfisted). As you can see, the barrel is fixed. Fewer moving parts, less to go wrong.

The P64 is a very simple firearm, and you may notice the lack of a slide lock. The slide does lock back on an empty magazine, so to lock the slide back you have to insert an empty magazine and pull the slide back. The magazine release is at the bottom of the magazine well. The double action trigger pull on a P64 is quite horrendous, but this can easily be tamed with the use of Wolff springs. One of the magazines has a matching serial number, the other is blank. The holster, while showing some wear, is sturdy with good stitching, and you can clearly make out the maker's mark and a prior owner's initial's (most likely put there during service). The cleaning rod is nice to have for completeness (and there is a handy slot in the holster for the tool), but shouldn't really be used.

Lots more information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_P-64
Old 07-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
Nevada Hudson
Obsessed Member

You might want to invest in some Wolff springs to help with the "hard" trigger pull.
Nevada Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

Certainly considering it, have seen the difference the Wollf springs make. Depends if I keep the P64 or not. On the track of a very uncommon Enfield revolver (Enfield No.1 Mk.VI, only made between 1921 and 1926), which will cost me more than my monthly mortgage payment - yikes (that is why the M95 had to go)! May have to liquidate to accumulate, and Enfields are my first love.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
spinecracker
Obsessed Member

While I am trying to find a new home for this little beast, I decided to order the Wolff springs to see what effect they had on recoil and the trigger pull. Will update when they have been installed. Should be here by Wednesday, if my luck holds.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:46 AM   #10
shim1313
Very Active Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have always wanted one in 1969. That is my birth year. good find