Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Notices

Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms The place to discuss all gun rights issues, pro-gun/anti-gun legislation and general Second Amendment topics. All other topics will be locked.

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
SG1
lets do it.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Adam Laxalt Announces Run for Governorship

Out with the RINOs, Out with the failure, In with Patriots who refuse to compromise with our rights and sell off our future to the enemies of freedom.

https://www.adamlaxalt.com/

Lets make and keep Nevada Free.
SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
Grumpyoldretiredcop

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Good. It would be a welcome change to have a Governor who actually understands the law and has the cojones to interpret it correctly. He's got a vote here.
Grumpyoldretiredcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
joemo22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Adam Laxalt is just as bad, if not worse. It is all an act and a very poor one. I had high hopes for him when he was elected to AG office, but he was a let down and a joke. I will definitely not be voting for him.
joemo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
SilverBullet
uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemo22 View Post
Adam Laxalt is just as bad, if not worse. It is all an act and a very poor one. I had high hopes for him when he was elected to AG office, but he was a let down and a joke. I will definitely not be voting for him.
Care to share why you feel that way?
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
teammazza
shooter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Your kidding right? He stopped Q1, and he also sued Obamacare. He has been the one state politician who has been strong on 2A and many other conservative issues.
teammazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
joemo22

I am not kidding and come on a lot of republicans are pro gun, I would be shocked if he wasn't. He didn't stop Q1, dumb liberals who didn't do any research, stopped Q1. He sued Obama Care and so did several other states big deal. Guess what it is still here. He is not a game changer, he is more of the same. He has done nothing differently at the AG's office, their track record is still the same and our justice system is still a joke. I had high hopes for him and thought he was going to shake things up and yet things stayed the same.

By the way Brian Sandoval (I know he can't run again) has been a strong 2A supporter too and there are other candidates running who are too.

I have my reasons why I don't like him. He is dishonest and more of the same, nothing changed when he was in the AG's office.

Last edited by joemo22; 11-13-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
SL05H
Obsessed Member

He's got my vote...He is much better than Sandoval.
SL05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #8
joemo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL05H View Post
He's got my vote...He is much better than Sandoval.
I do not understand NV obsession with Sandoval but for some reason people loved him. I was going through some recent and older articles of him and they were saying he will go down as one of the better/best governors in NV. I do not know were they are getting this information from. I was not a fan, especially if you are working for the state.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
pooty
uber Member

Quote:
“Adam Laxalt is just as bad, if not worse.”
than who? how so?
“He has done nothing differently at the AG's office, their track record is still the same and our justice system is still a joke.”
examples?
“I have my reasons why I don't like him. He is dishonest and more of the same, nothing changed when he was in the AG's office.”
examples?
Who would you like to see in office? Why?
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #10
joemo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooty View Post
Who would you like to see in office? Why?
First if you do not like Sandoval and you pick Laxalt, I think you are getting more of the same. Sandoval endorsed Laxalt for AG. Like I said I am not a fan of Sandoval at all.

Then you have the issue with Laxalt and the Sand's Corporation. There are tons of articles but it appears Laxalt is representing Gaming Control Board but doing favors for Sheldon Adelson who is CEO of Sand's Corporation who contributed to Laxalts campaign. There is a recording of this taking place. Additionally, Carlton and Senate Finance Chair Joyce Woodhouse said “Attorney General Adam Laxalt’s attempt to pressure the Nevada Gaming Control Board to interfere in a private civil lawsuit involving a gaming licensee, with whom he has longstanding connections, is unsettling,” “Records obtained by legislative subpoena suggest that the Attorney General has created a conflict of interest and that he should not continue to serve as counsel to the Gaming Control Board.”

The Gaming Control Board has asked Laxalt to recuse himself and he has refused.

It just appears to be more of the same. If you know you are going to run for governor, try to have the least amount of baggage none of this seems like a smart play. This is just something that will be brought up over and over again and it is not done.

As for my reason why I don't like him, I can not really get into over internet right now. I can after mid-December but if anyone wanted to meet up over some coffee some place I would be more then willing to provide a ton of documents showing you why. At least until the State makes me sign something.

Most of these candidates running for governor have millions of dollars and are out of touch with back bone of Nevada. Since when did someone running for governor have to have so much money, it is sad.

As for my choice right now? I have no clue, I would like to see a pro gun candidate who doesn't make knee jerk reactions but maybe owns a small business or worked 2 jobs in his life to support his family. Maybe a veteran or someone who has experience some type of hardship in their lives. Someone who at least knows someone in the VA system because they come out with the dumbest policies without consulting anyone and then they screw over vets, other veterans will vouch for me on that. I want someone who truly cares about Nevada and how their decisions are going to impact us. Also maybe someone who is not a lawyer because most of congress seems to be in that occupation and we see how that turned out.

This state has its moments, I love this state and what it has to offer but we have some serious problems we need to work out and I want someone who is there on the ground floor with me, mopping the **** up. Lastly, I want someone who is honest, integrity first above all else. I can deal with mistakes. I can deal with leaders who screw up it happens we all have done it, hell as a young NCO I have done it but you have to be truthful about it and make it right.

If something does not make sense or is worded poorly or incorrectly please do not hold that against me, I really didn't proofread or edit much, just trying to have a discussion. Thanks.

Joe
Defensor Fortis