Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Notices

Our Right to Keep and Bear Arms The place to discuss all gun rights issues, pro-gun/anti-gun legislation and general Second Amendment topics. All other topics will be locked.

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #31
SG1
lets do it.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteater View Post
I believe he has one or two opponents in the primary. Complacency on the part of voters could be a problem for him.

I'll say this, whether primary or general election: the only way Adam Laxalt loses is if NV conservatives stay home because they are too lazy or too jaded. Meaning "oh my vote doesn't count so I'm staying home." Eff that noise!

I will most likely hit the phone banks for him. So look forward to seeing you in the Laxalt office.
If he jumps on with Trumpism, maybe reaches out to Bannon who is crashing the GOPe plane with no survivors he will get major name/branding.
SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #32
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
If he jumps on with Trumpism, maybe reaches out to Bannon who is crashing the GOPe plane with no survivors he will get major name/branding.
That would be good. I don't know how much pull the GOPe still has in Clark County.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #33
Pcmaker
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Adam is pro gun. We need him as governor to veto everything anti 2nd that comes his way
Old 11-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #34
teammazza
shooter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It looks like the person against Laxalt was just trolling. Laxalt will be a great governor.
teammazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #35
joemo22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If you guys bother to read what I posted, I said I could not disclose until at least mid-dec. I said I would be more than willing to meet up and show what I have. It's nothing big like oh my god its going to bring down the whole AG office to its knees. However, I believe it clear shows what type of person he is and and how he runs his office, which lacks integrity.

I have some documents which provides insight on what I am talking about and I do not want them on the internet right now.

There are other republican candidate/s running (might be more in the future) who could be a better choice. Just do a google search. I haven't seen anyone else comment on the whole gaming control board/Sands incident even though there is tons of information on it. Just do your research there is still plenty of time before candidates officially announce their name.

Instead of telling me to put up or shut up read what I wrote and maybe ask to meet up then, if not then after mid-dec I can show what I have. Its not hard, I thought we were all one team working on a common goal. Maybe I am reading the comments wrong.....

Last edited by joemo22; 11-15-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: additional info
joemo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #36
FightForYourRight(s)
Nevada ftw

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemo22 View Post
If you guys bother to read what I posted, I said I could not disclose until at least mid-dec. I said I would be more than willing to meet up and show what I have. It's nothing big like oh my god its going to bring down the whole AG office to its knees. However, I believe it clear shows what type of person he is and and how he runs his office, which lacks integrity.

I have some documents which provides insight on what I am talking about and I do not want them on the internet right now.

There are other republican candidate/s running (might be more in the future) who could be a better choice. Just do a google search. I haven't seen anyone else comment on the whole gaming control board/Sands incident even though there is tons of information on it. Just do your research there is still plenty of time before candidates officially announce their name.

Instead of telling me to put up or shut up read what I wrote and maybe ask to meet up then, if not then after mid-dec I can show what I have. Its not hard, I thought we were all one team working on a common goal. Maybe I am reading the comments wrong.....
Joemo, I bet one could find dirt on just about ANY candidate that runs for any office. Even Trump, who I voted for and strongly supported, does not have a perfect track record as a human being and/or businessman. If you're waiting for a perfect candidate to come along, I think you're going to end up pretty disappointed as years go by and said perfect candidate never materializes.

Laxalt does have a lot of very important things going for him, as Bulleteater does a great job of illustrating above. In the absense of your "evidence", and in the presence of other candidates, it would be pretty hard to convince me he will do more harm than good.

I used to think along the lines of waiting for a perfect candidate to come along before I voted for someone or gave them my support. But the more I started learning about our political system and how it really works, the more I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. There may be some person out there who might do things exactly as I would like all around, but said person would never have any realistic chance of making it to any elected public office. I could hold my breath until the end of my days, or I could accept reality and vote for the candidate who I think would do the most overall good, and right now that sure looks like Laxalt.
FightForYourRight(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #37
joemo22

I think one (there are many) of the problems with running for office is the amount of money needed to do so. Some of these candidates are going to have some serious money at play here. This greatly limits choices and waiting for that perfect candidate is that much harder. All candidates have some type of baggage.

I am still holding out hope for other choices. Just have to wait and see.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 PM   #38
Bulleteater
Big Stick policy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Interesting questions, I would always vote that I do know. I would at this point probably take any candidate over Laxalt. Like I said, I have my reasons as to why. I just hope the other choice is pro gun...... and has integrity.
Quote:

So you have a "December Surprise" to unveil for Adam Laxalt. Something that according to you will cast doubt on his integrity. Are you holding a press conference on that day? Is the presser being hosted by Battle Born Progress, by any chance?

Your position is basically "anybody but Laxalt" which is a pretty antagonistic view to hold on a gun forum where just about all of us have seen the good things this AG has done for our 2A community, not to mention the positives for NV in general. I've listed them on page 2 of this thread, with links. Why don't you go down the list of Laxalt accomplishments and try to refute each one?

If the General Election pits Laxalt (R) against Sisolak (D) as many predict, then based on your "anybody but Adam" stance, I'm assuming you will vote for Sisolak, correct?

Are you sure you're on the right forum???

Yes there are, at this point, two other repubs running in the primary, their names are Dan Schwartz (Nevada Treasurer) and Jared Fisher. How are these two candidates better than Laxalt? Everyone following this thread would like to hear your opinion.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 AM   #39
joemo22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleteater View Post
So you have a "December Surprise" to unveil for Adam Laxalt. Something that according to you will cast doubt on his integrity. Are you holding a press conference on that day? Is the presser being hosted by Battle Born Progress, by any chance?

Your position is basically "anybody but Laxalt" which is a pretty antagonistic view to hold on a gun forum where just about all of us have seen the good things this AG has done for our 2A community, not to mention the positives for NV in general. I've listed them on page 2 of this thread, with links. Why don't you go down the list of Laxalt accomplishments and try to refute each one?

If the General Election pits Laxalt (R) against Sisolak (D) as many predict, then based on your "anybody but Adam" stance, I'm assuming you will vote for Sisolak, correct?

Are you sure you're on the right forum???

Yes there are, at this point, two other repubs running in the primary, their names are Dan Schwartz (Nevada Treasurer) and Jared Fisher. How are these two candidates better than Laxalt? Everyone following this thread would like to hear your opinion.
There is no press conference or anything like that, I am going through some stuff but have to wait until it is over in December that is all.

I am not really familiar with Sisolak and I like most of you will be doing more research on all the candidates. Some are acting like Laxalt has done a ton of stuff when in reality he has not done much, if at all. Question 1 was already dead to begin with because it was unenforceable. He didn't do anything with that dumb liberals did all the work for him. There are other pro gun candidates just do the research. If you actually do some digging you find he really didn't do much. He sure did talk a lot and say he was going to do a lot but most of it seemed to be nothing.

The gaming control board issue is a big deal for me too because it appears to show him using his office to help his campaign contributors. This could turn out to be nothing but this is still an ongoing issue. Again, this could be a big nothing burger but still there at least something credible going on here.

There is still plenty of time before the candidates have to file (I think it's March).
Old 11-16-2017, 01:13 AM   #40
Tony Shelton
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
..... Question 1 was already dead to begin with because it was unenforceable. He didn't do anything with that dumb liberals did all the work for him. ......
Laxalt is the one who made it unenforcible.

If it had been anyone else they would have enforced it anyway, locked a lot of people in jail, and told them to take it to the Supreme Court.

It would have taken years to get sorted out meanwhile people would have suffered.

This same scenario happens every day with all kinds of unconstitutional and "unenforcible" laws.