Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Specialty Discussion: Hand Guns > Semi-Auto

Notices

Semi-Auto Rock out with your Glock out! Here's the forum for everything semi auto related (except 1911s, there's a forum for that!)

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2018, 06:12 AM   #1
rockey8279
uber Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sig p365

Anybody else intrigued of the new release from Sig Sauer? The new p365 is a little bit smaller than the g43, yet holds 10+1. Also, according to what I've read, they also changed their standards of testing, so no issues like the p320 had. What's everyone's thoughts?
rockey8279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
Ron_O
Self-Extracted

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey8279 View Post
Anybody else intrigued of the new release from Sig Sauer? The new p365 is a little bit smaller than the g43, yet holds 10+1. Also, according to what I've read, they also changed their standards of testing, so no issues like the p320 had. What's everyone's thoughts?
Looks like a good little gun. Price point's always a bit steep with the Sig's. Sig suggests $599. Extended mag will get you 12+1!

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/fi.../pistols/p365/

Guns & Ammo did a great article and video on it and says they can probably be found at around $499:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/...ig-sauer-p365/
Ron_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
Teresa
uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey8279 View Post
Looks interesting, love my Sigs, if this is as advertised, sounds like I'll buy one. But I'll wait till I see it in the flesh to make a final decision.
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Grumpyoldretiredcop
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I intend to get my hands on one at SHOT. It'll have to be pretty good to get me away from my G42 and 43. To be fair, I'm no Glock fanboi, there's 4 P320s sitting in my safe.
Grumpyoldretiredcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
Vegas_boy
Born and Raised In Vegas

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Looks like itís worth a shot(pun intended), Iíve been wanting to upgrade my girlís carry gun. She has a Sig p238 currently, and Iíve been wanting her to upgrade to a 9mm, but she did not feel comfortable with the 9mm version or with the g43. This might fit the bill, but Iíll likely wait to make sure there arenít any issues that need to be ironed out.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #6
JTW_Jr
WheelGunner

Compared to what Glock charges with night sights , I dont see the 365 being pricey at all. Rumor is it will street around $500 or just over , compare that to a Glock.....
JTW_Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #7
Ron_O
Self-Extracted

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_boy View Post
Looks like itís worth a shot(pun intended), Iíve been wanting to upgrade my girlís carry gun. She has a Sig p238 currently, and Iíve been wanting her to upgrade to a 9mm, but she did not feel comfortable with the 9mm version or with the g43. This might fit the bill, but Iíll likely wait to make sure there arenít any issues that need to be ironed out.
I was having the same exact thoughts. My girl landed on a Bodyguard .380 but mostly due to the grip mounted green laser as well as overall feel in her hand. The trigger pull sucks. I'd rather see a 9mm in her quiver but the laser may be an issue once available, pushing the street price well above $700 once all comes into play.
Ron_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #8
sbubrick
Obsessed Member

It's on the top of my list for Shot Show this year, along with Kimber and IWI. IWI just announced a 15 round Bullpup shotgun.
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 AM   #9
2GoneDE
Zookeeper

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

TLDR: Get in line

Everyone wants one...you will have to fight the emotional buyer (that will pay anything)...then the trendy buyers (that will pay anything)...then wait in line as one of the frugal guys. I would love to find a Sig replacement to my faithful P239...but I know it will be 18 months before I get a chance at a hassle-free purchase.
2GoneDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:13 AM   #10
Pale Rider
Obsessed Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW_Jr View Post
Compared to what Glock charges with night sights , I dont see the 365 being pricey at all. Rumor is it will street around $500 or just over , compare that to a Glock.....
Per Sigs website, $599 MSRP I don't see it dropping at the start. Given the hype over smaller pistols recently and they have the capacity advantage to the Shield and 43,it will sell for that or better. Especially if they don't stumble out of the gates from the press of the 320 disaster and it passes its own drop tests.

Not to mention the accessory prices, $55 for the 12rd mag

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...o-compact.html

Already have a laser for it as well. So those will probably be $700 factory equipped.