Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > Main Room > General Conversation

Notices

General Conversation The place to discuss topics NOT firearm related. ** Make sure the topic in question does not belong in another section before posting. **

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 AM   #31
Gunhand
Firearms Instructor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmano View Post
The other problem being, if a cop sees a citizen commit a crime, they are expected to arrest us. If a cop sees another cop commit a crime, they are expected to keep their mouth shut or be shunned and persecuted.

There really needs to be an additional standard mandatory jail sentence added to crimes committed by public servants. There needs to be something to deter them from committing crimes through their position since it is so much more difficult for them to be caught.
This is one of the problems, everyone has the "Hollywood" vision that LEOs "close ranks" and cover for each other. NOTHING could be father from the truth. Why do I say that you ask? Well from PERSONAL experience, that why!!!

I testified in open court against a Metro Police officer who had beat his girlfriend, NOT in my presence, but she reported the incident to my then wife, who was her employer. I then reported the incident to Metro, who sent officers to the scene and arrested him. When it came to trial, I testified against him open court, that he was the person who had committed the battery, as reported to me. He was convicted of domestic battery, and fired from Metro.

Now just a little back story....He WAS my close friend. How close you ask?? Close enough to be a Groomsman at my wedding. It was incredibly hard to testify against him in open court, but I did so, because he was wrong, and I would not sacrifice my integrity!!!!!

Regardless of what Hollywood, or any other misinformed person thinks, Cops DO NOT cover for each other!!! Yes, maybe occasionally it might happen, but the vasT MAJORITY of LEOs will do their sworn duty, and report criminal behavior of their fellow officers.

So please don't tell me that all LEOs cover for each other, because it is a TOTAL misconception!!!
“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” Ronald Reagan
Gunhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #32
Px4Shooter
uber n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
The other problem being, if a cop sees a citizen commit a crime, they are expected to arrest us. If a cop sees another cop commit a crime, they are expected to keep their mouth shut or be shunned and persecuted.

There really needs to be an additional standard mandatory jail sentence added to crimes committed by public servants. There needs to be something to deter them from committing crimes through their position since it is so much more difficult for them to be caught.
If what you say is true, why was this thread started?

Would they not have then done nothing and covered it up?

You can't make a claim that there will be a cover-up when there is proof they are going after this guy for this case.
Px4Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #33
requiem
deum genus

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:

ha, yeah right. the politicians are dependent on the police unions to get elected and to enforce their edicts (often at gun point) and fill the state coffers. no way in hell would they put higher standards on their praetorian guard. It's counter productive.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #34
jmano
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Look I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it should happen.

Not sure either how far you can put your head in the sand to believe that because LVPD doesn't look out for their own that it doesn't happen. There have been numerous commissions appointed and cases especially back east and in cities like Los Angeles where it has been shown that cops will lie, cheat and steal for each other as an unwritten rule to protect each other.
jmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #35
titanNV
NRA Life Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

This reminds me of a fundraising idea for the board. We would sell the hell out of official Nevada Shooters tin foil hats!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
titanNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #36
Cjanik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

IF that was true, then this wouldn't have played out:
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36120...spital-robbery

take off your tin-foil hat.
as much as they love the guy, they still fired him.
Cjanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #37
jmano
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanik View Post
IF that was true, then this wouldn't have played out:
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36120...spital-robbery

take off your tin-foil hat.
as much as they love the guy, they still fired him.
Oh my goodness, I was not specifically talking about the Vegas PD, I was speaking in general terms. There have been plently of cases most often in bigger cities like Boston, Los Angeles and New York. Go google the Mullen Commission or read the details of the Rodney King case.

I'm sorry you guys think I'm crazy for saying that cops should be held to higher standards.

I guess my tinfoil hat isn't blocking enough rays when I read a dozen stories a year about a cop commits a felony (shooting an innocent citizen, acts of assault, violations of rights) who only ends up with a paid vacation and no charges, or if charged and convicted a severely reduced sentence from what the average joe would get.
jmano is offline   Reply With Quote