Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > Hand Guns

Notices

Hand Guns Semi-autos, revolvers...post it here.

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
Comedian
Obsessed Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Release date for Sig P320 RX VTac

Calling Mr. Tuna. Do you know when the Sig P320 RX Vtac is supposed to be released?
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
Warboar
uber Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm not Mr Tuna but when I was at SHOT SHOW I thought I heard them say mid year. So June or there about. It's what they have done in the past with the Sig P290 and 938.
Warboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Teresa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Awesome, can't wait!
Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:54 AM   #4
MrTuna
PSYOPS

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

They are making 1500 of the X Fives really quick to get USPSA approval. I am hearing mid year too. I just picked up a P320 Compact 9mm and even the stock trigger is much improved from my 2014 early adoption attempt. I put a Grayguns flat trigger in it. I'm interested in the VTAC too.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:04 AM   #5
4x4Brit
#pro

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I've been looking for the full size 320RX. Had a chance to buy the Compact RX but passed.
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #6
Felid'Maximus
Beware of Cat

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

With the military contract for the P320 I wouldn't be surprised if civilian models could be a little scarce this year. I expect not only increased demand from civilians as a result of the military trial, but just making the guns for the military might leave few guns for the civilian market until they are done.
Felid'Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #7
4x4Brit
#pro

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Have to agree. That contract was announced about a week after I decided I was going to try to find one.
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
MrTuna
PSYOPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felid'Maximus View Post
With the military contract for the P320 I wouldn't be surprised if civilian models could be a little scarce this year. I expect not only increased demand from civilians as a result of the military trial, but just making the guns for the military might leave few guns for the civilian market until they are done.
It's public demand right now. I have been following the gun for a while but the military contract and the new models have increased interest. I would prefer to just buy the new grip and put a stock slide on it. The FCU is the same on the new models and you can upgrade the trigger yourself. I doubt the new grip will be available without the newer more expensive slide attached to it though.

This is one thing I really dislike about the gun market. Fads, politics, panics are always a factor in availability.

Last edited by MrTuna; 02-18-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add
MrTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
Runngun
uber Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'll NEVER own another P320. Mine was the biggest piece of 💩 I've EVER OWNED. Failure to extract, with a resulting malfunction very similar to a double feed EVERY round. Tried 3 different brands of ammo, all domestically produced, brass cased quality stuff. Sent it to Sig for repair and promptly sold it without ever firing it again. I like old west German P series pistols, but won't give the new stuff the time of day ever again. I expected a LOT more from Sig Sauer. My problems were not an isolated in incident either. Many reports on the net of the exact same issue. I can't believe our troops are going from a gold standard in reliability (the Beretta M9) to this hunk of crap. If they truly wanted a new gun, they should have went with a Glock 17.
Runngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
MrTuna
PSYOPS

Default Release date for Sig P320 RX VTac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runngun View Post
I'll NEVER own another P320. Mine was the biggest piece of 💩 I've EVER OWNED. Failure to extract, with a resulting malfunction very similar to a double feed EVERY round. Tried 3 different brands of ammo, all domestically produced, brass cased quality stuff. Sent it to Sig for repair and promptly sold it without ever firing it again. I like old west German P series pistols, but won't give the new stuff the time of day ever again. I expected a LOT more from Sig Sauer. My problems were not an isolated in incident either. Many reports on the net of the exact same issue. I can't believe our troops are going from a gold standard in reliability (the Beretta M9) to this hunk of crap. If they truly wanted a new gun, they should have went with a Glock 17.

Yeah there has been a lot of beta testing on the public by Sig. The compact versions especially have a new slide and recoil spring assembly because of issues. I'm going to run some strong ammo through mine next week and see how it performs. I know my traditional P Series will eat anything and run. I can change any spring or part too but some of the MIM parts coming out are pretty bad. I was trying to polish a hammer strut but it was hopeless. Flat on one side and rounded on the other from the mold. The metal grains are all screwed up like it cooled wrong. My advice on the old P Series is by an old one and put a new $30 spring kit in it. I'm just tired of DA/SA triggers especially when going for speed from the holster. Prepping the DA is difficult and requires way more training than striker fired or SAO especially when there is a firing pin block. It's easier on CZ Shadows and Tanfoglios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk