Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > NFA Weapons and Discussions

Notices

NFA Weapons and Discussions Machine Guns, Suppressors, Destructive Devices, Short Barreled Rifles, etc.

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
jfrey123
I aim to misbehave...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default After 41F, are NFA trusts now mostly irrelevant?

Can you e-file without a trust?

DO YOUR PART to stop the democrat majority from passing laws against our natural right to keep and bear arms, don't make excuses.
jfrey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
mbogo
Bwana Mkubwa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No, you cannot e-file a Form 4 now regardless of status. However, that is irrelevant to my question.

mbogo
mbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:55 AM   #13
jfrey123
I aim to misbehave...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Gotcha, just a noob question on my part. If you could e-file a trust but couldn't an individual, that might be of interest to some. But if that's not a thing at all right now then, yeah, it doesn't matter.

DO YOUR PART to stop the democrat majority from passing laws against our natural right to keep and bear arms, don't make excuses.
jfrey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:31 AM   #14
mbogo
Bwana Mkubwa

You used to be able to e-file Form 4s, but the BATFE disabled that in 2015 to break our balls.

Mbogo
mbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #15
anothergunnut
uber n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not just NFA but all firearms: wouldn't having the firearms in a trust mean they can go straight to your children in another state without going through an FFL?
anothergunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:35 AM   #16
Kinoons
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothergunnut View Post
Not just NFA but all firearms: wouldn't having the firearms in a trust mean they can go straight to your children in another state without going through an FFL?
They already can -- any non-NFA firearms received via inheritance can be transported to a home state without involving an FFL.

The advantage of a trust with NFA items is there isn't any paperwork needed like there is for inheritances.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:16 AM   #17
Thelittlegreenguy
Obsessed Member

Hopefully if the HPA becomes a reality, I and anyone else will be able to just make our own cans.... there are kits out there now...
"We are future memories. When our flesh is dust and our dreams faded we will be ghosts living in a land of legends, made real only by the memories of others. What we take with us into that realm of the dead, what we are remembered for, that will be the truth of our lives. "
Thelittlegreenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:25 AM   #18
anothergunnut
uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoons View Post
They already can -- any non-NFA firearms received via inheritance can be transported to a home state without involving an FFL.

The advantage of a trust with NFA items is there isn't any paperwork needed like there is for inheritances.
Not exactly what I meant. Normally, your assets go to your spouse upon your death. Having a trust skips having to have a will specify that your guns go straight to your children. If your wife inherits your firearms and then transfers them to your children, that is a gift that goes through an ffl.
anothergunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #19
Kinoons
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothergunnut View Post
Not exactly what I meant. Normally, your assets go to your spouse upon your death. Having a trust skips having to have a will specify that your guns go straight to your children. If your wife inherits your firearms and then transfers them to your children, that is a gift that goes through an ffl.
Inheritance laws vary widely from state to state. Just because someone has a spouse does not mean that all of their possessions automatically go to their spouse. This is especially true if there is a will in place stating otherwise.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM   #20
Tozan
uber n00b

I have not put trustees on my trust yet... So ATF only has me listed I can and will be adding some FA stuff this year so I will only need to submit my photo and prints. I have kids who are soon to be stamp collectors too so we will be putting things in one trust this way if we get tired of something we can move stuff around and in 10 or 15 years they will use the trust to inherit all my stuff.

You can add or subtract people when you want and ATF does not get updated on the additions. So in theory you can add someone and if you wanted you could remove them and pick up something else with your photo and prints in the future then add them back on if you want to or in the future you can add friends and family and for ATF to know who is on it they would have to do a search at the local level to see who the current trustees are....

You and several friends could form a trust and be able to pool several things so that you could afford to collectively own more toys or even afford a few more machine guns that other wise may be just out of your reach. Three or four people could collectively own 4 full autos for the price of one.

When I was younger I made a deal with a friend on cameras and equipment. He would buy a 100mm lens I would get a 200mm or a fish eye then a 400 mm a new motor drive and so on. In a very short time we collectively had an amazing inventory of gear to use. After we got everything we wanted then we started to fill in our own gear until we both had what we wanted... But camera gear is limited NFA weapons can go on and on... lol
Tozan is offline   Reply With Quote