Nevada Shooters

Go Back   Nevada Shooters > The Armory > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

General Firearms Discussion Discuss general firearms related topics, buying experiences, weapons reviews and more.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Leatherneck_K9

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Thumbs down Lancaster Arms LLC of Goodyear, Arizona

Regarding AK receivers and rifles- LANCASTER ARMS : CHET DURDA -

DO NOT SEND THIS GUY YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Lancaster Arms in Goodyear, AZ

They are crooks that will not respond to your inquiries on whereabouts for your orders, or demands for refunds. I have filed complaints with the Arizona Attorney General's office for fraud and filed a complaint with the Phoenix BBB. The owner's name is Chet Durda and I beg of you- DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS. He will promise you that they have your item in stock, and he never delivers. I ordered two AK-74 receivers from him back on January 5, 2011, and they refuse to honor the order. They DO NOT TAKE CREDIT CARDS, so you will be forced to send a money order or check, and he will cash it, but not send your product.

I am not the only one he has ripped off. Currently the BBB of Western Arizona has 29 complaints and counting.

Google Chet Durda and you'll see what I am talking about.

You've been warned.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
JFComfort
Long Range Shooter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Jim Fuller
Rifle Dynamics 07FFL/SOT

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

That's too bad, when he started out a few years ago they made a decent gun for the money, I used to recommend them to people that were on a budget as they were a good product at a low price.

I think some where along the line he wanted to evolve into something like Century, that aparently hasn't work out so well.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Leatherneck_K9

They have slipped into the 'dark side'. Everything from recalls on Ak74 rifles, to 'stiffing' customers that have paid them money and they flat out won't ship the product. That's fraud in anyone's book, and I hope the SOB goes to jail for it. I don't care what kind of problems you may have personally, you don't lie to people and take their money without consequences.

Chet Durda is all over the Internet as a cheat, liar and a fraud. Hell, he even made it onto Youtube!

Go to Youtube and search Lancaster Arms AK-47. Read all the comments on the page too.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
titanNV
NRA Life Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting your experience.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Kabuli
Amureka F YEAH! 5/1/2011

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down

To add to what the OP has said. Lancaster has had my rifle since January 2011 after I returned it for the SECOND time because the gas block is drilled out of spec. The first time I got it back within a month after some haggle of them not answering calls. I thought it was ok, a month isn't bad. Now, again they don't answer my calls or emails. When I finally get through, I get the standard, Chet isn't in, but I'll take a message and he'll return your call as soon as possible.

I don't even care if it takes six months, I just want them to tell me it will take six months. I feel so stupid for sending the rifle back to them, when I do get it back, I'm just taking it to a local smith to solve the problem once and for all. I don't understand how someone who runs a business can act this way.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Leatherneck_K9

Kabuli,

I have no idea what is up with these clowns. What's worse is that a company like Atlantic Firearms has made an agreement with them to distribute their piles of crap!

That makes Atlantic HIGHLY SUSPECT when I look at their web site for any arms. Why? Simple- if they don't exercise due diligence and check their vendors reputation AND product out before negotiating, then why would I expect the same due diligence with any other company that supplies them with arms? That's just bad business on their part, and I hope it's something of an anomaly. Perhaps they negotiated their contract prior to Chet TURD-A going off the deep edge? Or maybe Chet has always been this way and a key manager/COO left (for obvious reasons) and now the 'bonehead' was forced to take the helm? The latter is usually the case.

It would be interesting to know. From what have seen, they've been having problems since 2008, maybe further back, I don't know. These things usually have a 'lag time' before surfacing to the general public.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #8
Leatherneck_K9

Well now!

I just got back from the mailbox and what do I have? A letter from the Arizona AG's office inquiring about my order and if I had received a refund check yet.

In a word, no!

The letter they sent to Turd-A at Lancaster was date March 14, 2011. Interestingly, a response note that someone at Lancaster scribbled on the complaint said "Sent refund check #8836"

dated "3/30/2011"

"Lancaster"

The Arizona Ag's letter is dated April 5, 2011 and the AG's office mailed it on April 06, 2011. It arrived today, April 9.

One would think that if a check dated 3-30-2011 was sent, it would have beat the AG's letter to Reno?

But alas, is Lancaster lying yet again?

The letter also request that I update them on the status of the refund check. Since it hasn't arrived (betcha a buck because it wasn't sent) I'm going to have to reply- "no".

Don't be stupid, LISTEN TO ME...

DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE MONEY FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!!

I'll keep you posted.
For those of you getting screwed by these people, start writing the Arizona AG's office ASAP. Just Google it, it's easy to fill out a consumer fraud complaint. AND they WILL investigate.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
powdajohn

Thanks a ton for this important information. Can't some legal actions be taken against such fraudulent people? We do not have laws to deal such cases??

Old 04-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #10
sYnOnYx
Resident .22 Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I wish you lived closer leatherneck, I would make the drive with you to phoenix !

Make that bitch pay up in person !